Google Translate Disclaimer

A number of pages on the Government of Saskatchewan's website have been professionally translated in French. These translations are identified by a yellow box in the right or left rail that resembles the link below. The home page for French-language content on this site can be found at:

Renseignements en Français

Where an official translation is not available, Google™ Translate can be used. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Translations are made available to increase access to Government of Saskatchewan content for populations whose first language is not English.

Software-based translations do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact, and may include incorrect or offensive language. The Government of Saskatchewan does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos and other file formats such as portable document formats (PDFs).

Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk. Government of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using translated website content. If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please visit: Google™ Translate FAQs.

Contact Us

Take a look at our list of answers to the most frequently asked questions.

If you have a question you don't see answered here, fill out the form below with your questions or comments.

Frequently Asked Questions

Pick a topic and find answers fast.

Health Issues
How do I order a birth or death certificate?
You can order a birth or death certificate at eHealth Saskatchewan.
How do I apply, update, or replace a Saskatchewan Health Card?

eHealth Saskatchewan handles Health Card registrations, updates, renewals, and replacements. All Saskatchewan residents must register themselves and their dependents for a Saskatchewan Health Card in order to receive health benefits.

You can also use ExpressAddress to notify eHealth Saskatchewan of a change of address for your Saskatchewan Health Card, and request a replacement card.

What health and medical services does my Saskatchewan Health Card cover?

To receive health benefits in Saskatchewan, all residents must register themselves (and their dependents) for a Saskatchewan Health Card.

Your card covers medically necessary services provided by SK physicians, immunization services, and mental health services. For a full list, visit Fully Covered Services. Your card also provides partial coverage for ambulances, care centres, podiatry, chiropody, hearing, dental, eye, glaucoma, prescription drugs, oxygen, and mobility and visual aids – for a complete list, visit Partially Covered Services.

Outside the province, your card covers most medically necessary services in publicly funded Canadian facilities. Outside of Canada, however, your card provides limited emergency medical care coverage. For more details, visit Health Coverage Outside of Saskatchewan and Canada.

What can I do if I have concerns about my health?

Call 911 in a medical emergency, especially if symptoms require immediate medical attention.

If you have non-urgent medical or health concern, speak with your family doctor or visit a walk-in clinic in your area.

You can also call HealthLine at 811, a confidential, free of charge, 24-hour health information and support telephone line. When you call 811, a licensed health care professional will give you options and information to help you with health related questions or concerns.

HealthLine is offered in English, with translation available in over 100 languages. If you are having technical issues with accessing HealthLine 811 by dialing 811, you can call 1-877-800-0002 to be connected with HealthLine 811.

Deaf and hard of hearing residents can access HealthLine 811 by using the SaskTel Relay operator service at 1-800-855-1155.

You can also visit HealthLine Online to find answers to your health questions and concerns.

How do I report a health concern about a restaurant?
Please report your concern to the local Public Health office.
How do I get my immunization records?
You can obtain your immunization records from the public health office in the area where you received your immunization.
How do I get a copy of my medical records?
Your doctor has your medical records and has a right to charge a reasonable fee for photocopying and providing the records. The Saskatchewan Medical Association and the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Saskatchewan developed guidelines to follow when providing patient records.
How do I claim out-of-pocket medical expenses?
Please contact the Claims Analysis Unit at 306-787-3475 (Regina) or 1-800-667-7523, Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
How can I get help paying for my prescriptions?
For information on prescription drug benefits, visit Extended Benefits and Drug Plan.
Highways and Transportation
How do I file a damaged vehicle claim?

Individuals can submit a claim to the Ministry of Highways for vehicle damages sustained while travelling Saskatchewan highways that are maintained by operations staff.

To file a claim, complete the Vehicle Damage Incident Report.

How do I file an inquiry or a complaint about a provincial highway?

If you have an inquiry or complaint about a provincial highway, you can contact the Ministry of Highways.

To file an inquiry or complaint, complete the Inquiry/Complaint form.

Toll Free: 1-844-SK-HIWAY (1-844-754-4929)

Where can I find information about roadside development and permits?
Roadside development permits are required for any work within the 90 metres from the right-of-way of a provincial highway. Find more information at Roadside Development Permits.
Social and Family Support
How do I order a marriage certificate?
You can order a marriage certificate at eHealth Saskatchewan.
What services are available to senior citizens in Saskatchewan?
To help Saskatchewan seniors, we offer a range of health, housing, and financial services and programs. For details, visit Seniors Services.
What income assistance programs are available to Saskatchewan residents?
The following programs provide financial help for people who need income support:

o Saskatchewan Assured Income for Disability (SAID) provides income support to individuals with significant and enduring disabilities. It offers financial help with shelter, food, basic transportation, and costs related to the impact of disability. For more information on SAID, visit Income Support for People with Disabilities.
o Saskatchewan Employment Supplement (SES) provides assistance to families with lower-incomes who have children. It’s a monthly payment that supplements income from a job, farming, self-employment, or from child or spousal support. For more information, visit Saskatchewan Employment Supplement.
o Saskatchewan Income Support (SIS) offers financial support to people need help to meet the basic costs of living due to low income or unemployment. For more information, visit Saskatchewan Income Support.
Does the Government of Saskatchewan offer rental housing for people with low incomes ?
Yes. The Social Housing Program provides rental housing to eligible families, seniors, and people with disabilities who have low incomes. Contact your local housing authority to get eligibility requirements and an application form. If you're unsure how to contact your housing authority, call Saskatchewan Housing Corporation at 1-800-667-7567. For more details, visit Rental Housing for People with Low Incomes.
Does the Government of Saskatchewan offer financial assistance to people completing home repairs and renovations?
Yes. Saskatchewan Housing Corporation helps eligible homeowners and rental property owners to complete home repairs and renovations. For a full list of programs, visit Home Repairs and Renovations.
What can I do if I suspect child abuse or neglect?

If you suspect child abuse or neglect, please call your nearest Child Protection Office, Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. CST.

Prince Albert:  1-866-719-6164

Saskatoon:  1-800-274-8297

Regina:  1-844-787-3760

All calls are confidential – you're not required to leave your name.

For after hours incidents or concerns, please immediately contact your local police service or RCMP detachment.

For more information, visit Child Protection.

Are there any services available to youth who are unable to live with their family?

The Government of Saskatchewan provides support and services to 16- and 17-year-old youth who can't live with their family for safety reasons, or if there's no parent willing or able to take responsibility for the youth.

For more information, visit Youth Services or call your nearest Social Services office, Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. CST.

Prince Albert:  1-866-719-6164

Saskatoon:  1-800-274-8297

Regina:  1-844-787-3760

How do I become a foster parent?
Foster care provides a safe family environment for children who were removed from their homes because of abuse, neglect, or life-threatening conditions. To learn about government support for foster parents, visit Become a Foster Parent. To apply to become a foster parent, visit Saskatchewan Foster Families Association.
How can I get a copy of my high school/GED®/ABE transcripts?

After completing high school, you can order copies of your Transcript of Secondary Level Achievement at Request Your High School Transcripts.

If you've written your GED test in Saskatchewan and want additional copies of your GED transcripts or diploma, visit Request GED Transcripts.

To request your Adult 10 and Adult 12 transcripts (the official record of your Adult Basic Education (ABE) achievement), visit Request Adult Basic Education Transcripts.

How do I apply for a student loan?
Post-secondary students can apply for a student loan online, or by mailing a paper application. For more details, visit Student Loan Application.
How do I apply for the Graduate Retention Program?

Most Saskatchewan post-secondary institutions apply for the Graduate Retention Program on your behalf. Check with your post-secondary school before submitting an application.

If your school doesn't apply on your behalf, you must submit an application. For more details, visit Graduate Retention Program Application.

How do I file my taxes while claiming the Graduate Retention Program?

If you file an income tax return as a Saskatchewan resident starting the year you graduate, you are entitled to tax credits over a seven-year period based on your eligible tuition amount.

For more details, visit Filing Your Tax Return. You can also contact the Canada Revenue Agency at 1-800-959-8281.

How do I apply for the Education and Training Incentive?
You can apply for the Education and Training Incentive (formerly the Provincial Training Allowance) after being accepted in an approved education or training program. For more details, visit Education and Training Incentive.
How do I file an employment standards complaint
If you

believe your employer failed to meet the employment standards set out in Part II of The Saskatchewan Employment Act, you can file a formal complaint with the Employment Standards Division. If your complaint is for unpaid wages, you have one year following the last day that wages were payable to register your complaint with the Employment Standards Division.

For more details, visit File an Employment Standards Complaint.

What is the minimum age of employment in Saskatchewan

The general minimum age of employment in Saskatchewan is age 16. An "absolute" minimum age of 14 has also been established provided those 14- and 15-year-old workers fulfil certain requirements. For more information, visit Minimum Age and Workplace Restrictions.

Fourteen- and 15-year-olds are required to complete the Young Worker Readiness Certificate Course before starting work in Saskatchewan.

What is the minimum wage and minimum payment in Saskatchewan?

Changes to the minimum wage are announced on or before June 30 of each year and take effect October 1 of the same year.

Most employees get a minimum payment ("minimum call-out" pay) every time their employer requires them to report for work (other than for overtime), even if there is no work for them. Employees are to be paid a minimum of three hours at their hourly wage.

For more details, visit Minimum Wage and Reporting for Duty Pay.

What happens when an employee works on a holiday?

Employees, including managers, who work on a public holiday, are entitled to both public holiday pay and a premium pay of 1.5 times their hourly wage for each hour worked. Premium pay is paid on top of the employee's public holiday pay for that day.

For more details, visit Paying Employees for Public Holidays.

Are there different employment standards for certain professions and industries?
Yes. Visit Employment Standards in Professions and Industries to find information on industry-specific employment standards, including agriculture, independent contractors, care providers, retail, and restaurants.
Immigration Issues
Am I eligible to apply for the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program?

The Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP) offers individuals a way to immigrate to Canada. The program nominates successful applications who want to make Saskatchewan their home to the Government of Canada for permanent residency in Canada.

A completed SINP application is required to make an accurate assessment of an applicant's eligibility to the program. Visit Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program to review the eligibility criteria for the specific SINP category that applies to you. All applications to the SINP must be submitted online.

Please note the SINP is only one of the steps toward becoming a permanent resident in Saskatchewan. All applicants must also apply for residency through the Government of Canada.

If you have further questions about SINP, please call 1-833-613-0485 or email

What can I do if my information has changed after being nominated for permanent residency through the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program?

If your information has changed after receiving your SINP nomination, you may request a revision to your SINP Nomination Certificate.

Examples of reasons you may request a revision include:

  • Government of Canada's Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada requests a revised and/or extended nomination certificate.
  • You have a new job offer from the same or different employer.
  • You and/or your accompanying family members have obtained new passports.
  • Your nomination certificate is expiring or has expired and you require additional time to submit your application for permanent residency.
  • You have updated your Express Entry Profile Number and Job Seeker Validation Code.

Changes to your SINP Nomination take an average of 1-2 weeks to process once a request has been received.

Please note that if your family composition has changed after a nomination decision, the SINP will not initiate an amendment of a Nomination Certificate to include new/additional family members. Only the principal applicant must be named in the Nomination Certificate, and there is no actual legal requirement for an applicant's accompanying dependents to be listed on the certificate.

Please review the relevant Procedures and Guidelines for your chosen SINP category for more information on how to request amendments to your SINP Nomination:

How do I get a Job Approval Letter?

It is required that all applicants who submit a Job Offer must also submit a Job Approval Letter when they submit their initial application. This letter is given to you from your employer. Your employer must submit your Job Offer online for approval with our SINP International Recruitment and Integrity Unit. If your employer requires assistance with this process please have them contact our SINP International Recruitment and Integrity Unit at 833-613-0485 or by email at

What is the status of my application?

To view the status of your application, log in to your account online at:

If you are unable to do so, please send a copy of your "Received Application Letter" to in order to receive an update on your application's status.

How long do applications take to process?

See link Check Application Processing Times for SINP for average, historical processing times for the SINP.

Applications are processed in the order that they are received.

An outline of the requirements and stages of your SINP application can be found at SINP Procedures and Guidelines.

Please visit the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada website for permanent residence application processing times.

What NOC is my job?

Without reviewing your file and job duties and responsibilities we are unable to tell you what NOC your job would fall under. Please visit National Occupation Classification website and type in your job title, to review the job duties and requirements in order to see what fits. If they do, there will be a number assigned to that job title. From there, you will need to look at the matrix to see what NOC it falls under. If the NOC is "A", "B" or "0", it will be considered a skilled job.

For additional information on specific NOC codes you may visit the National Job Bank website.

Saskatchewan Account
What is a Saskatchewan Account?

A Saskatchewan Account is a secure way to access participating government services online with one login and one password.

See the list of participating services and some of the most common questions we receive about Saskatchewan Account.

Use the form below to ask a question, report a problem or suggest an improvement for our website.

We aim to respond to inquiries within 5 business days. Our business hours are Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. CST.

This helps us direct your message to the most appropriate person.

Personal information provided on this form is maintained in a secure environment and it will only be used or disclosed for the purpose for which it was collected in accordance with The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.

We need your feedback to improve Help us improve