Saskatchewan Employment Supplement (SES)
The Saskatchewan Employment Supplement (SES) provides assistance to families with lower incomes who have children.
It is a monthly payment that supplements income from a job, farming, self-employment, or from child or spousal support.
The amount of the supplement is based on:
- the number of children under the age of 13 in your family; and
- the amount of your household income.
The maximum supplement available to your family is based on the number of children (under 13) you have.
Saskatchewan Employment Supplement is a unique program where if your monthly income increases from $125 to $1,125, the amount of your supplement will also increase.
To be eligible for SES you must:
- have children under the age of 13 years;
- receive more than $125 each month from employment, self-employment, farming and/or child or spousal support;
- reside in Saskatchewan; and
- hold a valid Saskatchewan Health Services card.
To maintain eligibility, you must report any changes in your circumstances in addition to your mandatory quarterly reporting. You may report changes by filling out this change report form and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Maximum Monthly Income Thresholds
If your monthly income exceeds the thresholds you do not qualify for Saskatchewan Employment Supplement.
||Maximum Monthly Income
Families on the Saskatchewan Income Support (SIS) program who receive employment income will be able to take advantage of earned income exemptions of $500 per month. In most cases, this will be higher than the benefits available in the Saskatchewan Employment Supplement (SES). SIS clients who receive child or spousal support income may benefit from SES and should apply. For more information about SIS and income exemptions, contact the Client Service Centre at 1-866-221-5200. For more information about SES, contact 1-888-488-6385.
3. How to apply
Client Service Specialists are available to speak with you Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. and Thursday from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. You will need to provide:
- your account number; or
- your health services number (the number on your health card); and
- your password.*
* The Client Service Centre will assign an account number to your file and have you choose a password. This ensures your SES account is kept strictly confidential.
Contacting the Client Service Centre:
- If you live in Regina, you can contact SES by calling 306-787-4723.
- If you live outside Regina, you can contact SES by calling 1-888-488-6385.