Learn more about COVID-19 in Saskatchewan. Daily case numbers and information for businesses and workers.

The Re-Open Saskatchewan plan was released on April 23rd.

Google Translate Disclaimer

A number of pages on the Government of Saskatchewan's website have been professionally translated in French. These translations are identified by a yellow box in the right or left rail that resembles the link below. The home page for French-language content on this site can be found at:

Renseignements en Français

Where an official translation is not available, Google™ Translate can be used. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Translations are made available to increase access to Government of Saskatchewan content for populations whose first language is not English.

Software-based translations do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact, and may include incorrect or offensive language. The Government of Saskatchewan does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos and other file formats such as portable document formats (PDFs).

Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk. Government of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using translated website content. If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please visit: Google™ Translate FAQs.

Saskatchewan Employment Supplement (SES)


All Income Assistance clients will continue to receive their benefits.

Effective March 19, 2020, Income Assistance has lessened reporting requirements across all of its programs. This means that if a client is late reporting certain information, Income Assistance will still process the payment so that the client receives it on or before April 1, 2020. This is a temporary measure in place to respond to the current situation.

If you need assistance, you can apply online at saskatchewan.ca/income-support. If you can't apply online or if you need immediate help, please call the Client Service Centre at 1-866-221-5200 or your local Income Assistance office. We ask for your patience, as we are getting a very high number of calls.

A "call back" option is typically available between 8:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. without clients losing their place in the queue.

To minimize in-person contact, please do not come into our offices unless it is an emergency and you are unable to call your worker, or you are asked to come in.

We realize this is a difficult time. We are continuing to work hard to meet your needs.

For up to date information on Coronavirus, visit saskatchewan.ca/coronavirus.

The Saskatchewan Employment Supplement (SES) provides assistance to families with lower-incomes who have children.

It is a monthly payment that supplements income from a job, farming, self-employment, or from child or spousal support.


1. Benefits

The amount of the supplement is based on:

  • the number of children under the age of 13 in your family; and
  • the amount of your household income.

Supplement Amounts

The maximum supplement available to your family is based on the number of children (under 13) you have. 


Saskatchewan Employment Supplement is a unique program where if your monthly income increases from $125 to $1,125, the amount of your supplement will also increase.


2. Eligibility

To be eligible for SES you must:

  • have children under the age of 13 years;
  • receive more than $125 each month from employment, self-employment, farming and/or child or spousal support;
  • reside in Saskatchewan; and
  • hold a valid Saskatchewan Health Services card.

To maintain eligibility, you must report any changes in your circumstances in addition to your mandatory quarterly reporting. You may report changes by filling out this change report form and emailing it to sesreport@gov.sk.ca.

Maximum Monthly Income Thresholds

If your monthly income exceeds the thresholds you do not qualify for Saskatchewan Employment Supplement.

Eligible Children
Maximum Monthly Income


Families on the Saskatchewan Income Support (SIS) program who receive employment income will be able to take advantage of earned income exemptions of $500 per month. In most cases, this will be higher than the benefits available in the Saskatchewan Employment Supplement (SES). SIS clients who receive child or spousal support income may benefit from SES and should apply. For more information about SIS and income exemptions, contact the Client Service Centre at 1-866-221-5200. For more information about SES, contact 1-888-488-6385.


3. How to apply

Client Service Specialists are available to speak with you Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. and Thursday from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. You will need to provide:

  • your account number; or
  • your health services number (the number on your health card); and
  • your password.*

* The Client Service Centre will assign an account number to your file and have you choose a password. This ensures your SES account is kept strictly confidential.


4. Apply

Contacting the Client Service Centre:

  • If you live in Regina, you can contact SES by calling 306-787-4723.
  • If you live outside Regina, you can contact SES by calling 1-888-488-6385.


5. Further Information

Related documents for the Saskatchewan Employment Supplement can be found in the Publications Centre.

We need your feedback to improve saskatchewan.ca. Help us improve