Saskatchewan.ca contains links to and from other websites.
The Government of Saskatchewan is committed to protecting your privacy. Its entire operations, including this web site, are subject to The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
Saskatchewan.ca does not automatically gather personal information about you. We will only collect this type of information if you voluntarily supply it.
If you provide us your personal information, it will only be used or disclosed for the purposes for which it was collected. The only exception is that it could be used in accordance with The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. This would only be in limited circumstances.
Examples of information or data we collect about you when you use Saskatchewan.ca include:
- questions, queries or feedback you leave
- your email address if you send an email to Saskatchewan.ca. (NOTE: Your IP address is embedded in the header of any email you send, anywhere, but we do not actively store it.)
- geolocation and details of which version of web browser you used
- personal information to allow you to use government services. e.g. phone number, email address etc. You’ll always be told when this information is being collected. It will only be used for the purpose you provide it for.
This helps us to:
- improve the site by monitoring how you use it
- respond to any feedback you send us, if you’ve asked us to
- provide you with information about local services if you want it
We don’t attempt to personally identify you using your data.
Some Government of Saskatchewan websites may distribute a small file to your browser, called a "cookie". Cookies are used to:
- measure how you use the website so it can be updated and improved based on your needs
- remember the notifications you’ve seen so that we don’t show them to you again
Saskatchewan.ca cookies aren’t used to identify you personally.
If you wish, you may change the settings on your web browser. You can completely deny cookies or set your browser to warn you when cookies will be deposited.
Keeping your data secure
Transmitting information over the internet is generally not completely secure, and we can’t guarantee the security of your data. Any data you transmit is at your own risk.
Information collected is maintained in a secure environment and we have procedures and security features in place to try and keep your data secure once we receive it.
We won’t share your information with any other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes.
Payment transactions are always encrypted.
Disclosing your information
We may disclose your personal information in circumstances where we are required to do so by law. We may also disclose personal information with other government Ministries if you use their services.
To better understand your rights please refer to the Office of the Saskatchewan Information and Privacy Commissioner.
Following a link to another website
Following a link to Saskatchewan.ca from another website
Questions or concerns regarding our management of this privacy statement may be directed to:
Digital Strategy and Operations
Ministry of Central Services
Walter Scott Building
130-3085 Albert Street
Regina, SK S4S 0B1
If you are not satisfied with our response to your privacy concern, you may wish to contact the:
Saskatchewan Information and Privacy Commissioner
503-1801 Hamilton Street
Regina, SK S4P 4B4
Telephone: (306) 787-8350