Google Translate Disclaimer

A number of pages on the Government of Saskatchewan's website have been professionally translated in French. These translations are identified by a yellow box in the right or left rail that resembles the link below. The home page for French-language content on this site can be found at:

Renseignements en Français

Where an official translation is not available, Google™ Translate can be used. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Translations are made available to increase access to Government of Saskatchewan content for populations whose first language is not English.

Software-based translations do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact, and may include incorrect or offensive language. The Government of Saskatchewan does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos and other file formats such as portable document formats (PDFs).

Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk. Government of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using translated website content. If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please visit: Google™ Translate FAQs.

Youth Services

The Ministry of Social Services provides support and services to 16- and 17-year-old youth when:

  • the young person cannot return to live with his or her family for reasons of safety; or
  • there is no parent willing or able to take responsibility for the young person.

Case workers follow four guiding principles to determine whether the young person and his/her family receive services:

  • All 16- and 17-year-olds need adult support, guidance and direction – at least some of the time.
  • Wherever possible, this support, guidance and direction should be provided by the young person's family.
  • It may be necessary to work with the young person's family to help them become stronger and better able to deal with their stresses and problems, particularly problems related to parenting and/or family functioning.
  • Helping 16- and 17-year-olds
    through supportive (financial or residential) services should ensure there is an ongoing family connection, unless such a connection is not in the best interest of the youth.

Contact your nearest Social Services Office and talk to a case worker. He or she will:

  • discuss concerns about safety issues due to abuse in the home;
  • with the young person's permission, contact one or both parents; or
  • contact the young person's school or others who may be able to provide additional information

We need your feedback to improve Help us improve