In many ways, digital technology has made our lives simpler and more convenient. With non-stop options for entertainment and staying connected to friends, it’s easy to see how technology has become such a big part of our lives. Though digital technology offers us many benefits, it’s important to be aware that too much screen time can negatively impact our mental, physical, and emotional well-being. Being aware of children and teens' screen time and knowing how and when to set limits is important for well-being.
- With an increased need for technology in our everyday lives, it’s important to develop a balanced approach to screen time. Here are some helpful tips for developing healthy screen habits.
- Digital technology can have both positive and negative effects on well-being, depending on the activity and how much time is spent on it. Find out what research says about screen time and well-being.
- Learn more about the impacts digital technology has on the development and mental health of children and teens.
- Here are helpful and easy-to-follow tips for setting screen time limits from the Government of Canada.
- Watch this interesting and informative video about the connection between screen time and teen mental health and when you should be worried about screen time.
- Check out this helpful infographic to learn more about how screen time can impact children and what some of the warning signs are of too much screen time.