Renseignements en français

Google Translate Disclaimer

A number of pages on the Government of Saskatchewan's website have been professionally translated in French. These translations are identified by a yellow box in the right or left rail that resembles the link below. The home page for French-language content on this site can be found at:

Renseignements en Français

Where an official translation is not available, Google™ Translate can be used. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Translations are made available to increase access to Government of Saskatchewan content for populations whose first language is not English.

Software-based translations do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact, and may include incorrect or offensive language. The Government of Saskatchewan does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos and other file formats such as portable document formats (PDFs).

Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk. Government of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using translated website content. If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please visit: Google™ Translate FAQs.

Manage Your Student Loan

Maintaining Your Eligibility

After you have obtained your funding and are attending classes, you must do the following to keep your interest-free status and stay eligible:

  • Continue to be enrolled in 60% or more of a full course load each semester (40% for students with a disability). Your school determines what is a full course load for each term or semester of each study period;
  • Achieve successful completion; and
  • Maintain regular attendance. If your attendance drops below 90% or you miss more than three consecutive weeks (21 calendar days), you will be considered discontinued for student aid purposes. Your study period will be considered unsuccessful.

You will be considered discontinued if you drop below the minimum required course load for the following reasons:

  • You withdraw from studies on your own accord;
  • You change schools; or
  • You are expelled.

When you are done school it is your responsibility to:

  • Contact the school regarding tuition refunds if you discontinue; and
  • Repay your student loans.

Please see the Canada-Saskatchewan Integrated Student Loan Handbook for further information on maintaining your eligibility while in school.

Reporting Changes

Changes to your personal, financial, or academic circumstances: While you are in school these may affect the amount of student aid you are eligible to receive. You must report any changes to the Student Service Centre immediately. Changes will result in a reassessment of your student aid.

Changes to the information submitted on your application must be reported and include such things as:

  • Changes to your scholarship or educational funding
  • Changes to your spouse's information
  • Change in your marital status, family name, or family size
  • Dropping or adding classes, specifically dropping from full-time to part-time enrolment

Changes to status (i.e., marriage, having a child, etc.): Report changes only after they occur. Documentation verifying the changes (i.e., a copy of your marriage certificate or your baby's birth certificate or Health Services Number) must be provided to the Student Service Centre by uploading through your AE portal or post-secondary uploader or fax.

Monitoring Your Student Aid

Set up an online account with the National Student Loan Service Centre to monitor your payments and loan balance.

We need your feedback to improve Help us improve