Maintaining Your Eligibility
After you receive your student aid funding and are attending classes, you must do the following to keep your interest-free status and stay eligible:
- Full-time students must continue to be enrolled in 60% or more of a full course load each semester (40% for students with a disability). Your school determines what is a full course load for each term or semester of each study period.
- Achieve successful completion.
- Maintain regular attendance. If your attendance drops below 90% or you miss more than three consecutive weeks (21 calendar days), you will be considered discontinued for student aid purposes. Your study period will be considered unsuccessful.
You will be considered discontinued if you drop below the minimum required course load for the following reasons:
- You withdraw from studies on your own accord;
- You change schools during your study period; or
- You are expelled before the end of your study period.
When you are done school, it is your responsibility to:
- Contact the school regarding a tuition refund if you discontinue; and
- Repay your student loans.
Please see the Saskatchewan Student Aid Handbook for further information on maintaining your eligibility while in school.
Changes to your personal, financial, or academic circumstances while you are in school may affect the amount of student aid you are eligible to receive. You must report any changes to the Student Service Centre immediately. Changes will result in a reassessment of your student aid.
Examples of changes that must be reported include:
- Changes to your scholarship or educational funding.
- Changes to your spouse's information.
- Change in your marital status, family name, or family size.
- Dropping or adding classes, specifically dropping from full-time to part-time enrolment.
Changes to status (e.g., marriage, having a child, etc.): Report changes only after they occur. Documentation verifying the changes must be provided to the Student Service Centre by uploading through your AE portal or post-secondary uploader or fax.
Monitoring Your Student Loan
Set up an online account with the National Student Loan Service Centre to monitor your payments and loan balance.