Google Translate Disclaimer

A number of pages on the Government of Saskatchewan's website have been professionally translated in French. These translations are identified by a yellow box in the right or left rail that resembles the link below. The home page for French-language content on this site can be found at:

Renseignements en Français

Where an official translation is not available, Google™ Translate can be used. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Translations are made available to increase access to Government of Saskatchewan content for populations whose first language is not English.

Software-based translations do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact, and may include incorrect or offensive language. The Government of Saskatchewan does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos and other file formats such as portable document formats (PDFs).

Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk. Government of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using translated website content. If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please visit: Google™ Translate FAQs.

Transfer a Crown Oil and Gas Disposition Application

Transfer a Crown oil and gas tenure agreement in Saskatchewan to one or more companies.


Saskatchewan's Ministry of Energy and Resources is responsible for administering mineral rights owned by the Crown. The ministry issues dispositions to industry to convey the rights to the oil and gas resources.

Industry can transfer Crown oil and gas tenure agreements either by:

  • Transferring all or a portion of their ownership of mineral dispositions from one or more companies to one or more companies; or
  • Transferring a portion of their lands and/or rights from one or more companies to one or more companies (split transfer).

Applications available:


To transfer a Crown oil and gas tenure agreement:

  • The transferor(s) and transferee(s) must have Saskatchewan Business Associate Identification numbers (BA ID).
  • The applicant must have an Integrated Resource Information System (IRIS) account and the appropriate permissions assigned by the IRIS Security Administrator.
  • The transferor(s) and the transferee(s) have agreed to and signed (executed) the ministry's transfer application form.

Note: Crown Freehold Agreements (dispositions with a prefix of CFA) are submitted independently of other Crown oil and gas tenure agreements.

How to Apply

Log in to IRIS and complete the appropriate application process in the Petroleum Tenure module and attach the required documents:

  • Signed transfer documents
  • Other supporting documentation


IRIS Login

Further Information

The applicant will be notified through IRIS whether the transfer application is approved or denied.

For more information, see The Oil and Gas Tenure Registry Regulations.

We need your feedback to improve Help us improve