Transfer a Crown oil and gas tenure agreement in Saskatchewan to one or more companies.
Saskatchewan's Ministry of the Economy is responsible for administering mineral rights owned by the Crown. The Ministry issues dispositions to industry to convey the rights to the oil and gas resources.
Industry can transfer Crown oil and gas tenure agreements either by:
- Transferring all or a portion of their ownership of mineral dispositions from one or more companies to one or more companies; or
- Transferring a portion of their lands and/or rights from one or more companies to one or more companies (split transfer).
- Set Transferor and Transferee Percentage: Apply to subtract the interest from the transferor(s) and assigns the interest to the transferee(s). The transferor(s) interest to be transferred, and the transferee(s) resulting interest, must be specified.
- Prorate Transferor and Transferee Percentage - One or More Dispositions: Apply to calculate the transferee(s) interest(s) as a percentage of the transferor(s) registered interest(s) for each disposition.
- Partial Transfer of Land and/or Rights - One Disposition: Apply to reduce the original mineral disposition and create a new mineral disposition for the land and rights being transferred.
- Designated Representative Change: Only an active lessee may change a Designated Representative associated with a Crown oil and gas tenure agreement.
To transfer a Crown oil and gas tenure agreement:
- The transferor(s) and transferee(s) must have Saskatchewan Business Associate Identification numbers (BA ID).
- The applicant must have an Integrated Resource Information System (IRIS) account and the appropriate permissions assigned by the IRIS Security Administrator.
- The transferor(s) and the transferee(s) have agreed to and signed (executed) the Ministry's transfer application form.
Note: Crown Freehold Agreements (dispositions with a prefix of CFA) are submitted independently of other Crown oil and gas tenure agreements.
How to Apply
Log in to IRIS and complete the appropriate application process in the Petroleum Tenure module and attach the required documents:
The applicant will be notified through IRIS whether the transfer application is approved or denied.
For more information see The Oil and Gas Tenure Registry Regulations.