Request a non-productivity review from Saskatchewan's Ministry of Energy and Resources for leases with wells that haven't reported production for three consecutive years.
If the Ministry determines there hasn't been satisfactory production for the last three (3) years as outlined in Section 9-5(4) of The Oil and Gas Tenure Registry Regulations, the lease with non-producing well may be terminated.
To apply for a non-productivity review:
- The applicant must have an Integrated Resource Information System (IRIS) account and the appropriate permissions assigned by your IRIS Security Administrator.
- Wells on the lease must not have produced for the last three (3) consecutive years.
- Each application must include:
- Disposition number;
- Well location; and
- Last date of reported production for the wells
How to Apply
- Log in to IRIS and complete the appropriate application in the Petroleum Tenure module.
While industry can make an application to review leases with non-productive wells, the Ministry is considering targeted reviews to identify leases that do not meet the provisions outlined in Section 9-5(4)(b)(ii) of The Oil and Gas Tenure Registry Regulations.