Apply for the registration and discharge of encumbrances and notices on a Saskatchewan Crown oil and gas disposition.
Saskatchewan's Ministry of the Economy is responsible for providing industry and government with the ability to apply for encumbrances and notices to be registered on a disposition, as well as the ability to discharge these instruments, including:
- Security Notices: Apply to register a security notice on an active Crown oil and gas disposition. This is a notice to parties interested in the security and provides the contact information of the Secured Party.
- Security Notice Complete Discharge: Apply to discharge a Security Notice from a Crown oil and gas disposition.
- Security Notice Amendment: Apply to amend a portion of the security (e.g. Secured Party's address or a name change). It's applied against a Security Notice instrument that is actively registered on a Crown oil and gas disposition.
- Security Notice Assignment: Apply to assign security to another party. It's applied against a Security Notice instrument that is actively registered on a Crown oil and gas disposition.
- Builders' Lien: Apply to record a Builder's Lien on an active Crown oil and gas disposition. It provides a notice to interested parties that there is a lien against the disposition.
- Discharge Builder's Lien: Apply to discharge a Builder's Lien that is actively recorded on a Crown oil and gas disposition.
- Sublease: Apply to register a sublease on an active Crown oil and gas disposition. This is a notice to interested parties that a portion of the disposition is subleased to a third party. Note: Sub-lessee is not a registered lessee holding an interest in the Crown disposition.
- Discharge Sublease: Apply to discharge a sublease that is actively registered on a Crown oil and gas disposition.
- Notice to Lapse: Apply to discharge a Security Notice from a Crown oil and gas disposition after a 30-day notice period issued to the Secured Party. Where there has been no Court Order keeping the security active, the Ministry discharges the Security Notice.
- Appointment of Receiver Manager: Applied for when a company holding an interest in an active Crown oil and gas disposition has undergone bankruptcy, and a Receiver Manager has been appointed through the courts; the responsibility and the contact for the Receiver Manager encumbers the disposition.
To apply to register or discharge a notice or encumbrance on a Crown oil and gas tenure agreement, the applicant must have an Integrated Resource Information System (IRIS) account and the appropriate permissions assigned by your IRIS Security Administrator.
How to Apply
Log in to IRIS and complete the appropriate application process in the Petroleum Tenure module and attach the required documents:
- Executed encumbrance or notice form
- Any other supporting documentation
The applicant will be notified through IRIS whether the application is approved or denied.
For more information see The Oil and Gas Tenure Registry Regulations or The Builders' Lien Act.