Google Translate Disclaimer

A number of pages on the Government of Saskatchewan's website have been professionally translated in French. These translations are identified by a yellow box in the right or left rail that resembles the link below. The home page for French-language content on this site can be found at:

Renseignements en Français

Where an official translation is not available, Google™ Translate can be used. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Translations are made available to increase access to Government of Saskatchewan content for populations whose first language is not English.

Software-based translations do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact, and may include incorrect or offensive language. The Government of Saskatchewan does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos and other file formats such as portable document formats (PDFs).

Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk. Government of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using translated website content. If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please visit: Google™ Translate FAQs.

Entrepreneur Application - SINP


Effective March 14th, significant changes have been implemented to the Entrepreneur Category, including revised eligibility and selection criteria. For a detailed overview of these changes, please refer to the Entrepreneur Category Updates overview document.

If you are outside of Canada and have submitted a paper work permit application to the Government of Canada (GoC) that has not yet been processed, then you will need to resubmit it as an electronic application. Fees paid for the electronic application will be refunded at a later date when the paper application is received by the GoC and reviewed or you can request a refund using this process.

Applications to Change Business Performance Agreement (BPA) must continue to be submitted by email, with all required documents scanned and attached. Please send all application forms and materials to (please limited individual emails to under 18MB). The SINP Application for Nomination will continue to be submitted using the online system.

Through the SINP Entrepreneur Program, you can live in Saskatchewan when you start, own or partner in a business here.

The Entrepreneur Category Process

There are four steps:

  1. Expression of Interest (EOI) submission to the SINP
  2. EOI Selection and Invitation to Submit an Application
    • A candidate's EOI is selected based on points. Those with the highest points are selected during each draw. The number selected depends on program requirements.
    • After candidates are invited to apply, applications are processed in the order they are received.
  3. Business Establishment
  4. Nomination

The SINP does not provide preferential treatment for any application. All applicants must meet all program requirements. The SINP does not endorse any Saskatchewan-based companies or projects.

Your SINP Application Assessment

  • Before your application will be assessed, you must submit:
    • Application processing fee.
    • Third party verification report.
    • Electronic application including all supporting documents.
  • Only complete applications will be accepted.
    • Incomplete applications will be closed.
    • If your application has been closed and you wish to reapply, you must submit a new EOI.
  • Your application will be assessed using the Entrepreneur Eligibility Criteria and your EOI Points Assessment will be confirmed.
    • A Business Immigration Officer may contact you for more information or for an in-person interview.
  • If you do not meet the program's Eligibility Criteria, your application will be ineligible.
    • If your application is found ineligible, all submitted information will be removed. You can submit a new EOI once you meet program criteria.
  • If the SINP finds your score on the Points Assessment Grid to be different from what you claimed (due to intentional misrepresentation), or that you or any person associated with your application did not include relevant information or gave misleading information:
    • Your application will be rejected.
    • You will not be permitted to submit an EOI or application to the SINP for two years.
  • If you meet the criteria, you will be contacted for a final interview. This could be in-person or through video conferencing.
  • Upon completion of your final interview, you will be sent a Business Performance Agreement (BPA) to review and sign.
    • Your BPA is your legal agreement with the Government of Saskatchewan.
    • It will state the amount you will invest in your business and the business sector you will operate your business under. The BPA will also list other information based upon your Business Establishment Plan.
    • You must email your BPA to the SINP within 20 days.
    • Once we get your signed and dated BPA, we will issue a SINP Entrepreneur Approval Letter that includes instructions on how to apply to IRCC for a Temporary Work Permit (TWP), along with a Temporary Work Permit Support Letter. The letter is issued for your application to IRCC for a TWP. A TWP allows you to settle and run your business in Saskatchewan.
    • You must apply to IRCC for your TWP within three months of the date on the SINP Approval letter.
    • You must arrive within 18 months of being issued the original Temporary Work Permit Support Letter.
    • If IRCC refuses your TWP application, your SINP application will be ineligible.

The Expression of Interest (EOI) System

The EOI is not an application; it is an expression of your interest in the SINP. You can indicate your interest in running a business and living in Saskatchewan by providing info on your experience, assets, and a Business Establishment Plan (BEP).

  1. Those who meet the eligibility criteria will be accepted into the EOI candidate pool.
  2. Once sent, EOIs are scored and ranked using the Points Grid.

For more information, please visit Entrepreneur EOI System.

Program Requirements

Before you submit your EOI:

  • To submit an EOI to the SINP, you must:
    • Meet the entry criteria.
    • Complete the Points Assessment Grid.
  • To meet the entry criteria you must:
    • Have a minimum of $500,000 (CAD) in Net Business and Personal Assets.
    • Have at least three years of relevant business management or entrepreneurial experience gained in the past ten years.
    • Plan to invest a minimum of $300,000 (CAD) in Regina and Saskatoon, or a minimum of $200,000 (CAD) in all other Saskatchewan communities.
  • We will assess the information you give in your EOI against the Points Grid to rank your EOI in the pool of candidates. Candidates are then selected based on their score. Selected candidates are invited to apply to the SINP.
  • If you are invited to apply you must submit a Business Establishment Plan (BEP). Your BEP must include:
    • Your plan to establish an eligible business that aligns with the points in the Entrepreneur Category Points Grid.
    • Your ownership of at least one-third (33 1/3 per cent) of the equity of a business in Saskatchewan, unless your total investment is $1 million CAD or higher.
    • Your commitment to the day-to-day management of the business.
    • The creation of two employment opportunities in Saskatchewan for Canadians or permanent residents who are not related to you*.
*This only applies if you're establishing a new business in Regina or Saskatoon.

The SINP can have your Business Establishment Plans assessed by professional third parties.

For more information, see: Application Guide for the Entrepreneur Category.

Who is Not Eligible

To learn more about who is NOT eligible to apply under this category, see How To Apply to the SINP.

Required Documents

For a complete list of documents needed, see:

For a complete list of required documents, review:

You must upload copies to your application. All uploaded documents must be clear and easy to read. If any documents are not in English or French, you must send the following:

  • An electronic copy of the original document.
  • An electronic copy of the English or French translation of the document.
  • An electronic copy of a Translator Affidavit that describes the ability of the translator.

Translations may be done by anyone, except:

  • Your spouse.
  • A member of your family.
  • A paid third party that has prepared your application to the SINP.

Some Canadian visa offices ask that documents are translated by a certified translator. The SINP does not ask for this, but your translated documents must meet all federal requirements.

Although the SINP asks you to upload copies of documents to an electronic application, IRCC may require original documents or certified copies.

Who to Include in Your Application

You must list all dependents on your application to the SINP Entrepreneur Category, even if they are not coming to Canada with you. You will also need to submit any new dependents to us and IRCC before visas are issued.

IRCC may change the definition of dependents or the policies regarding dependents at any time. You can review IRCC's policies and procedures on the IRCC website.

Presently, accompanying dependents include your:

  • Spouse (See SINP Important Words and Definitions: Spouse).
  • Common-law partner (See SINP Important Words and Definitions: Common-law partner).
  • Dependent children (See SINP Important Words and Definitions: Dependent children).
    • Dependent family members that are not included in your application can't be nominated for permanent residence as part of your SINP application later.
    • If you want your dependent family members to join you in Canada later, you'll need to make a separate application to the Government of Canada's Family Sponsorship Program, or another immigration category. The application will have to be approved before your dependent family members can join you.

Please note: If you are the principal applicant, your parents, brothers and sisters may not be included in the SINP application.

Net Worth Evaluation - Third Party Financial Service Providers

The SINP uses two third-party financial service providers to assess the net worth and legal accumulation of net worth of applicants to this category.


333 Bay Street, Suite 4600
Toronto Ontario, M5H 2S5
Phone: 416-777-3887

MNP Ltd.

Regina Saskatchewan, S4P 0J3
Phone: 306-790-7900

When you get an Invitation to Submit an Application (ISA), you will find a SINP file number included.

  1. Contact and engage one of the third party financial service providers listed above to work on your application. Make sure to include your SINP file number.
  2. Submit all documents listed on the Third Party Document Checklist.
  3. Make sure your information (financial statements, property evaluations, and bank account information) is correct.
  4. Once your assessment is complete, you will get a report from the service provider.
  5. To complete your application, upload the final report to your online application.
  6. Be sure to submit your final report by the deadline.

Applying for a Temporary Work Permit (TWP)

You will need to obtain a TWP to run your business in Saskatchewan. You must submit your SINP Entrepreneur Approval Letter with your application for a TWP to the federal government within three months of receiving it.

To apply for a TWP:

  • First register in IRCC's Employer Portalas the employer of your business (as a self-employed person).
  • Visit the Employer Portal Welcome page and find the "What would you like to do today?" section. Click "Access the offer of employment queue."
  • Enter your personal information in the section for "Your online offer of employment" and send your work permit application to IRCC – showing that you have an "Exemption from Labour Market Impact Assessment" as the type of work permit in the "Details of Intended Work in Canada" section. The Entrepreneurs' LMIA Exemption code is C11. See the Employer Portal user guide if you have questions.

Once you have a TWP, you can move to Saskatchewan and start your business.

For more information from IRCC on how to apply for a TWP, see: Updated Instructions for Entrepreneurs and Self-Employed Candidates and Significant Benefit - Entrepreneurs and Self-Employed Candidates (R205(a) - C11)

Arriving in Saskatchewan and Establishing Your Business

  • All approved applicants who do not attend an arrival meeting in Saskatchewan within 18 months of the date on the SINP Entrepreneur Approval letter will have their applications closed.
  • After you arrive in Saskatchewan you must:
    • Attend an arrival meeting by contacting the SINP at
    • Send your Business Establishment Progress Report to the SINP Entrepreneur category no later than 12 months after the Landing Date.
    • Establish or purchase your business. We recommend you are prepared to establish your business as soon as you arrive. To be eligible for nomination you must satisfy the terms of your signed BPA within two years of the date of your TWP and show operation of your business for no less than six months.
  • You must maintain the terms of your SINP approval throughout the immigration process. The SINP will withdraw a nomination to IRCC for permanent residency if the terms are not maintained.
  • You are encouraged to use the settlement services available in Saskatchewan. You can access government funded settlement services through the Regional Newcomer Gateways.
  • See Starting Your Own Business for more information about being an immigrant entrepreneur in Saskatchewan.

BPA Change Requests

  • Those applying to change their BPA should have completed the arrival meeting within 90 calendar days of arriving in Canada and sent the mid-term Business Establishment Activity Report. Applicants that have not fulfilled these may not be eligible to request a BPA change.
  • BPA change requests are considered when the new proposal has been well researched, and details are given.
  • You must show genuine attempts to buy or establish the business in line with your original BPA. You must also give documents to show that you have attempted to fulfil your original BPA, or clearly outline why the business is no longer possible in your planned location.
  • You must explain what challenges you have encountered and what you have done to try to overcome them.
  • BPA change requests will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
  • You are not guaranteed approval for a BPA change despite meeting program criteria. Do not make any financial commitments until your change is approved in writing by SINP.
  • You may not move your proposed business location from Regina or Saskatoon to a rural location or a from a rural location to Regina or Saskatoon.
  • Change requests must be reviewed and must continue to meet program criteria and be eligible.

BPA changes should not result in you being assessed with fewer points than you were selected with, based on your EOI.

Application for Nomination

To qualify for nomination, you and your immediate family must be residing in Saskatchewan and you must meet the terms of your BPA, including:

  • Transferring your funds to Canada.
  • Maintaining legal status in Canada.
  • Running your business in accordance with your BPA for at least six months before requesting nomination.

To ensure you maintain legal status in Canada, you are encouraged to have at least six months remaining on your TWP when you apply for nomination. You are responsible for maintaining your legal status in Canada in line with the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA).

  • Once you have fulfilled your BPA and operated your business for at least six months, you will be eligible to apply to the SINP for nomination.
  • The SINP will assess your application for nomination on your compliance with your BPA and other criteria.
  • Send your application for nomination using the SINP online system. See Nomination Request – Required Documents for the list of documents you must give.
  • If approved for nomination the SINP will:
    • Send a nomination certificate to IRCC.
    • Send a nomination letter to you explaining how to send your permanent residency application to the IRCC Centralized Intake Office (CIO).

Application for Permanent Residence

Once you've successfully completed the steps above, you may apply for permanent residency. To gain permanent residence status, you must apply to IRCC with your SINP nomination.

  • Ensure you maintain your legal status in Canada.
  • Have a valid TWP while you are waiting for IRCC to process your permanent residence application.

IRCC is responsible for assessing each nominee's eligibility for Permanent Residence. It completes health, security and criminality reviews. It may also ask for any other information it thinks is needed. If approved, IRCC will issue visas to you and your family members, as applicable.

  • The SINP is not responsible for IRCC's decision to grant or deny Permanent Residence status.

Using Designated Individuals

In addition to your paid or unpaid representative, you may let someone else have access to information about your application. For example, if you hire a lawyer to help with your application, you may also want a family member to be able to access to your information.

To have your personal information released to someone who is not your representative:

These individuals will not get copies of any correspondence from the SINP, but they can contact the SINP to get information about your application by emailing

What You Need to Know about Using Immigration Representatives

You do not need to use an immigration representative or consultant to apply to the SINP. If you want one, you must make sure they are a lawyer in Canada in good standing with a provincial law society or licensed by the Government of Saskatchewan. Visit Using an Immigration Representative for more information or see a list of approved immigration consultants. You can learn more about Saskatchewan's laws that protect foreign workers by visiting Protection for Immigrants and Foreign Workers.

Application Forms

We need your feedback to improve Help us improve