Google Translate Disclaimer

A number of pages on the Government of Saskatchewan's website have been professionally translated in French. These translations are identified by a yellow box in the right or left rail that resembles the link below. The home page for French-language content on this site can be found at:

Renseignements en Français

Where an official translation is not available, Google™ Translate can be used. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Translations are made available to increase access to Government of Saskatchewan content for populations whose first language is not English.

Software-based translations do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact, and may include incorrect or offensive language. The Government of Saskatchewan does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos and other file formats such as portable document formats (PDFs).

Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk. Government of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using translated website content. If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please visit: Google™ Translate FAQs.

International Skilled Worker: Saskatchewan Express Entry


As of August 30, 2024, applicants to the SINP Occupation In-Demand and Express Entry sub-categories must have proof of settlement funds that meet the new requirements of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). All permanent residency applications submitted to IRCC that require settlement funds must meet the new requirement as of May 27, 2024.

Effective May 1, 2024, the Excluded Occupation List for the Occupations In-Demand and Express Entry subcategories has been updated.

This sub-category is for skilled workers who:

How to Apply


To be eligible, you must be accepted into IRCC's Express Entry pool and pay a non-refundable $350 application fee by Visa or Mastercard.

You may qualify if you live outside Canada or have proof of legal status in Canada, are not a refugee claimant, and:

  • Have a valid Express Entry Profile Number and Job Seeker Code.
  • Score a minimum of 60 points on the SINP point assessment grid.
  • Have a language test result that meets the federal Express Entry language requirements.
  • Have completed post-secondary school or training that is comparable to at least one year of Canadian education. You must have earned a diploma, certificate or degree related to your intended occupation. To find out if your education is related to your intended occupation you can review the "Employment Requirements" section of your National Occupation Code profile.
  • Have experience in a job that is not on the Excluded Occupation List. See Occupations In-Demand and Express Entry Occupation Requirements for eligible occupations.
    • The minimum need for work experience is:
      • For skilled professionals (not tradespeople): one year work experience in the past 10 years.
      • For skilled tradespeople: two years work experience in a skilled trade in the past five years.
      • For Canadian Experience Class: One year work experience in Canada in the past three years (skilled tradespeople and skilled professionals).
  • Your above work experience must be in the field of your completed post-secondary education or training.
  • You may need to show a Professional Status or proof of eligibility for Licensure for your job.
    • See Occupations In-Demand and Express Entry Occupation Requirements for these requirements. If you are asked to show this, your application will be held. You do not need to show licensure documents unless asked.
    • You must include all documents in your application. If your application will be closed if it is missing documents and your application fee will not be returned.
  • Show settlement funds and a settlement plan.

The program criteria can change at any time.

The points that you claimed on your EOI will determine the likelihood of receiving an invitation. Those with high scores within the pool of candidates will have a greater chance of being invited to apply. Once you are invited to apply, you will be required to provide proof to support the EOI points that you claimed. To remain eligible for a nomination you must meet the minimum points of the EOI Selection through which you received your Invitation to Apply (ITA).

If there are grounds to believe that an applicant and/or their representative have provided false information on an EOI profile or application to increase their points score, then our Program Integrity Unity (PIU) will undertake an investigation for misrepresentation. If misrepresentation is found to have taken place, the applicant may be suspended from using the SINP for two years (or more, in the case of a repeat offence).

What is an International Skilled Worker Expression of Interest (EOI)?

An International Skilled Worker EOI is not an application to the SINP.

An International Skilled Worker EOI shows your interest in applying to the SINP and provides your qualifications.

For more info, see International Skilled Worker EOI System.

Not all candidates who submit an International Skilled Worker EOI will be invited to apply. There are no limits on the number of candidates who can submit an EOI. Candidates can only have one EOI profile.

For help on how to create your EOI profile, please see the EOI OASIS Guide.

Who Cannot Apply Through the Saskatchewan Express Entry Sub-Category?

The following cannot apply:

  • Refugee claimants in Canada who are claiming refugee status from the Government of Canada.
  • Those not accepted into the Federal Express Entry pool.

You may not be eligible if:

  • You did not provide the required documents at the time of submitting your application.
  • You were not able to prove that you plan to live and work in Saskatchewan.
  • You and or your representative have intentionally misrepresented yourselves in the application.

How to Apply

After getting your Invitation to Apply through the Expression of Interest system, you must:

Applications that are sent with missing documents or not translated will be closed. If your application is closed, you will be sent a letter and asked to reapply.

If you are successful in getting a nomination from the SINP, IRCC will process most complete applications in 6 months or less.

Apply online to the SINP
  1. Create an account.
  2. Complete all sections.
  3. Scan and upload your completed forms and supporting documents in a PDF. Keep the originals for your records.
  4. Save and submit your application online.

What You Need to Know About Using Immigration Representatives

You do not need to use an immigration representative or consultant to apply to the SINP. If you want one, you must make sure they are a lawyer in Canada in good standing with a provincial law society or licensed by the Government of Saskatchewan. Visit Using an Immigration Representative for more information or see a list of approved immigration consultants. You can learn more about Saskatchewan's laws that protect foreign workers by visiting Protection for Immigrants and Foreign Workers.

Other Forms and Information

We need your feedback to improve Help us improve