Part 5 of The Oil and Gas Emissions Management Regulations specifies the Emissions Reduction Plan requirements.
A qualifying conservation project allows for a licensee to apply for a one-year deferral of an Administrative Penalty to allow for the completion of a qualifying conservation project. The project must be completed by the end of the calendar year that follows the year in which the Administrative Penalty was deferred. Any deferral due to a Qualify Conservation Project that is not completed on time must be paid in full plus interest.
Further information on Qualifying Conservation Projects can be found in The Oil and Gas Emissions Management Regulations.
To apply for Qualifying Conservation Project, applicants must:
- Have an IRIS account and the appropriate permissions assigned by your Security Administrator.
- Meet criteria specified in The Oil and Gas Emissions Management Regulations.
- Have been given notice that an administrative penalty will be assessed by ER.
How To Apply
To apply for a Qualifying Conservation Project:
- Review The Oil and Gas Emissions Management Regulations.
- Identify the details of the Qualifying Conservation Project. This should include:
- Identify the facility or pipeline that is being constructed to conserve associated gas.
- Identify wells that will be conserving through this project.
- Identify the projected emissions reduction that will be achieved with this project.
- Identify if any third parties are participating in this project.
- Completion date of the project
- Log in to IRIS and complete the appropriate application process and attach the required documents.
Upon approval, the deferred emissions will be viewable from the "Adjustment" tab on the BA emissions page.