An Emissions Adjustment application may be used to provide representation once notice is received of an administrative penalty. As per The Oil and Gas Conservation Act, 2012, a company has 30 days to provide representation prior to being assessed an administrative penalty. This application may also be used at any time as a general application for any emissions related changes.
An Emissions Adjustment application allows for a licensee to apply for an adjustment of assessed emissions once the emissions year has been completed. It also allows for the applicant to make a general application for any emissions related change.
To apply for an Emissions Adjustment, applicants must:
- Have an IRIS account and the appropriate permissions assigned by their Security Administrator.
How To Apply
To apply for an Emissions Adjustment:
- Review The Oil and Gas Emissions Management Regulations.
- If applying for an adjustment of assessed emissions, the application should include:
- Amount of emissions to be adjusted (tonnes CO2e).
- Justification for emissions adjustment.
- If applying for anything else related to greenhouse gas emissions, please attach documentation clearly outlining the justification for the application.
- Log in to IRIS and complete the Emissions Adjustment Application and attach the required documents.
Upon approval, any adjusted emissions will be viewable from the "Adjustments" tab on the BA emissions page.
For more information, please visit the Oil and Gas Emissions Management website.