Google Translate Disclaimer

A number of pages on the Government of Saskatchewan's website have been professionally translated in French. These translations are identified by a yellow box in the right or left rail that resembles the link below. The home page for French-language content on this site can be found at:

Renseignements en Français

Where an official translation is not available, Google™ Translate can be used. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Translations are made available to increase access to Government of Saskatchewan content for populations whose first language is not English.

Software-based translations do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact, and may include incorrect or offensive language. The Government of Saskatchewan does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos and other file formats such as portable document formats (PDFs).

Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk. Government of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using translated website content. If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please visit: Google™ Translate FAQs.

Locating your child

If the other parent or caregiver has taken your child and you do not know where your child is, you should report the matter to local police.

Sections 282 and 283 of the Criminal Code apply to parental child abductions where one parent is intentionally depriving the other parent of custody rights.

In determining whether to lay charges under s. 282 or 283 of the Criminal Code, police may be guided by the national Model Parental Child Abduction Charging Guidelines which were approved by all Ministers of Justice.

The Our Missing Children (OMC) program can provide further assistance. The OMC coordinates the investigation of cases of missing children nationally and internationally, and can, for example, contact Interpol or the FBI. Canada Customs can alert border authorities to assist in recovery of abducted children.

Often the Central Authority will work with police to respond quickly to an abduction. Central Authorities can be asked to seek information in their jurisdiction to attempt to locate a child through police, school or other records. As well, the Central Authority may work with other agencies, such as the Canadian Centre for Child Protection.

You may also find some of the information and services available through Missing Children's Society useful, such as family and peer support and private investigation services.

We need your feedback to improve Help us improve