Google Translate Disclaimer

A number of pages on the Government of Saskatchewan's website have been professionally translated in French. These translations are identified by a yellow box in the right or left rail that resembles the link below. The home page for French-language content on this site can be found at:

Renseignements en Français

Where an official translation is not available, Google™ Translate can be used. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Translations are made available to increase access to Government of Saskatchewan content for populations whose first language is not English.

Software-based translations do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact, and may include incorrect or offensive language. The Government of Saskatchewan does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos and other file formats such as portable document formats (PDFs).

Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk. Government of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using translated website content. If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please visit: Google™ Translate FAQs.

Applications for access

If you are not the custodial parent but are having difficulty getting access or parenting time with your child, you may apply under Article 21 of the Hague Convention for help in creating access/parenting time arrangements, or having existing access/parenting time arrangements enforced. You should complete the Hague application form (in English or French/German/Italian), and include with your application a copy of any court order or agreement containing the access/parenting time terms. The Central Authority can help you to complete the Hague application.

If the child is in Saskatchewan, The Children's Law Act can be used to enforce the foreign access/parenting time order. The ordinary procedure of applying for an order to enforce access/parenting time terms would be followed.

If the child resides in another country, you or your lawyer should contact the Central Authority for Saskatchewan. You may also want to hire a lawyer in that country to bring an application there to enforce access/parenting time rights under their legislation.

We need your feedback to improve Help us improve