Effective July 11, 2021, Saskatchewan entered Step Three of the Re-Opening Roadmap and the public health order relative to COVID-19 was lifted. All restrictions related to the public health order were removed as of that date.

Renseignements en français

Google Translate Disclaimer

A number of pages on the Government of Saskatchewan's website have been professionally translated in French. These translations are identified by a yellow box in the right or left rail that resembles the link below. The home page for French-language content on this site can be found at:

Renseignements en Français

Where an official translation is not available, Google™ Translate can be used. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Translations are made available to increase access to Government of Saskatchewan content for populations whose first language is not English.

Software-based translations do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact, and may include incorrect or offensive language. The Government of Saskatchewan does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos and other file formats such as portable document formats (PDFs).

Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk. Government of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using translated website content. If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please visit: Google™ Translate FAQs.

Child Support Recalculation Service

Regulatory amendments came into force on September 15, 2020. The Recalculation Service can recalculate agreements (made on or after March 15, 2018). An order, agreement or recalculation decision can be recalculated every six months.

The Child Support Recalculation Service provides a faster, no cost and less adversarial alternative for parents to use when updating child support amounts.


1. About the Program

The Saskatchewan Child Support Recalculation Service is a pilot project that helps families with child support orders and agreements ensure a fair level of support for their children. The Recalculation Service can recalculate child support amounts to reflect changes in income, without burdening families with the time and expense of pursuing those adjustments through court processes. The administrative recalculation of child support is determined by the most recent income tax information and current income of a support payor. There is no cost to apply. Further information about the Child Support Recalculation Service is available.


2. Eligibility

A parent or guardian who pays or receives child support pursuant to a court order or an agreement may apply. Please note the program cannot recalculate your child support payments if any of the following apply:

  • A child support agreement was made prior to March 15, 2018 (if your agreement is dated prior to this date, please contact the Recalculation Service)
  • There is a shared parenting time arrangement
  • A child for whom support is being paid is 18 years or older, unless the parties or the Maintenance Enforcement Office is not collecting support for that child
  • There is less than six months since the date of the most recent order, agreement or recalculation decision
  • The payor's income in the order was imputed
  • The amount of support was not determined based on the Child Support Guidelines
  • Payor has self-employment, farming or rental income
  • Payor stands in the place of a parent (in loco parentis)
  • The order states the income of the payor is over $150,000
  • An application affecting child support is proceeding through the court
  • The applicant is the payor and is not receiving income, unless the recipient agrees to a recalculation
  • Only one party resides in Saskatchewan, unless both parties agree to use the service
  • The court order or agreement indicates the child support amount cannot be recalculated

Retroactive payments, arrears and section 7 (extra-ordinary expenses) cannot be recalculated.

If the above criteria make your order or agreement ineligible for recalculation, or if you want additional information about your options to have your support payments adjusted, you can contact the Family Law Information Centre.


3. Apply

A copy of your order or agreement must be submitted with an application form. You can contact the Child Support Recalculation Service to send you a copy of the application form, or you can download the application form:

Apply now

If you require help filling out your application form, please read the application instructions.

Once you've completed the form and saved it as a PDF, please email it as an attachment to recalculation@gov.sk.ca or print and mail it to:

Child Support Recalculation Service
Room 323 - 3085 Albert Street
Regina, SK  S4S 0B1

Note: Some web browsers do not open PDF forms. If yours does not, save the PDF form to your computer and open it with Adobe Reader. To do this:

  1. Right-click on the form link and select "Save Target As."
  2. Save the file to a known location on your system.
  3. Open the file with Adobe Reader.

If you cannot access the form online, please contact the Child Support Recalculation Service.


4. Further Information

About the Recalculation Service

The Recalculation Service can administratively recalculate child support payments if there is a court order or agreement that meets the eligibility criteria. Either the recipient or payor can apply by submitting an application form and a copy of their court order or agreement. The service is unable to change arrears that may be owing, adjust support payments retroactively or recalculate extraordinary section 7 (extraordinary expenses). There is no cost for a recalculation and the parties are not required to go through the court process. Child support amounts may increase, decrease or there may be no change depending on the income of the payor.

You can apply for a recalculation after a period of six months following the most current court order, agreement or recalculation decision. If an agreement or court order that deals with child support has never been issued, you must obtain an agreement or court order. More information on how to obtain an agreement or court order is included below under referrals.


If you do not have an existing agreement or court order, or are not eligible for a recalculation, you may contact a private lawyer or the Family Law Information Centre to obtain information regarding your options. You can contact the Family Law Information Centre at familylaw@gov.sk.ca or by telephone at (306) 787-5837 or toll free 1-888-218-2822.

Information Regarding the Other Party

The Recalculation Service requires as much information as possible in order to contact the other party, even if that is only a phone number or email address. The Recalculation Service is able to take steps to locate the other party; however, it has limited means to obtain information. A recalculation cannot take place until both parties are notified.

Income Information

The Recalculation Service will request that the payor provide a financial statement, current year income from all sources, as well as income tax information for the most recent tax year. The amount of child support will be recalculated by applying annual income to the federal Child Support Guidelines.

If the payor does not remit income information, the service may either request information from a third party, like an employer, or complete a recalculation by deeming income. Deemed income is determined by applying the payor's income from the agreement or court order and calculating an additional 10-30 percent based on how much time has elapsed since the agreement or order was granted. In some cases, the service may apply to court to deem income.

Recalculation Decision

A recalculation decision specifies the recalculated child support amount and commencement date. The decision is provided to both parties and filed with the court. If the parties notify the service they have a case with the Maintenance Enforcement Office, a copy of the decision is sent to that office.

Parties have 30 days to apply to court to vary or suspend the recalculation decision.

Application Process

The application form is available in the Apply section. You may also contact the Child Support Recalculation Service to request an application form; it can be emailed, mailed or faxed to you. If you have any questions, please call (306) 787-5042 or toll free in Saskatchewan 1-833-825-1445.

Recalculations can be completed six months from the date of the most recent agreement, court order or recalculation decision. A party can reapply by completing a new application form.


Legislation regarding Child Support Recalculation can be found in section 21 of The Family Maintenance Regulations, 1998.

We need your feedback to improve saskatchewan.ca. Help us improve