Renseignements en français

Google Translate Disclaimer

A number of pages on the Government of Saskatchewan's website have been professionally translated in French. These translations are identified by a yellow box in the right or left rail that resembles the link below. The home page for French-language content on this site can be found at:

Renseignements en Français

Where an official translation is not available, Google™ Translate can be used. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Translations are made available to increase access to Government of Saskatchewan content for populations whose first language is not English.

Software-based translations do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact, and may include incorrect or offensive language. The Government of Saskatchewan does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos and other file formats such as portable document formats (PDFs).

Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk. Government of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using translated website content. If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please visit: Google™ Translate FAQs.

Child Care in Saskatchewan

Families and communities are supported through Saskatchewan's Early Learning and Child Care Program. This program supports high-quality care for children in healthy, safe and nurturing environments.

Quality, regulated child care services support the social, emotional, physical, spiritual and intellectual development of children.


1. Types of Child Care

Regulated child care centres and homes:

  • meet and maintain standards set by the Government of Saskatchewan;
  • are monitored and supported by early learning and child care consultants; and
  • have their licence reviewed every year.

Caregivers that are not regulated by the Government of Saskatchewan still need to ensure that they are operating within the permitted number and ages of children to maintain a safe environment.


2. Choosing Quality Child Care

When choosing a child care facility, always ask:

  • Is the environment healthy and safe?
  • How many children are being cared for by the child care home provider?
  • How are children supervised?
  • Do caregivers interact with the children?
  • Are child care providers educated about child development?
  • How is behaviour managed?
  • Is the program appropriate for your child's age and needs?
  • Is the caregiver easy to talk to?
  • Is the child care home provider or child care centre regulated by the Government of Saskatchewan?

Be sure to discuss your expectations with child care home providers or centre directors. Always check references before deciding which service to use.


3. How to Find Child Care

Search for regulated child care providers by location using our searchable map of Saskatchewan.

Find a regulated child care provider in your community


4. Reporting Concerns with Child Care

If you have any concerns about your child care facility, talk to your caregiver first. If the problem is not resolved, contact the Child Care Regional Office closest to you. An early learning and child care consultant will investigate your complaint, will take action and will handle your call privately. If required, other agencies, including the Ministry of Social Services or local police, may also become involved.

You can contact the Ministry of Education's Child Care Office by calling 1-855-824-9419.

Child Care Regional Offices

  • Regina – 306-787-4980
  • Saskatoon – 306-933-6071
  • Estevan – 306-861-2814
  • Moose Jaw – 306-694-3644
  • Swift Current – 306-778-8531
  • Yorkton – 306-786-5770
  • Humboldt – 306-682-6715
  • North Battleford – 306-446-7574 or 306-446-7589
  • Melfort – 306-752-6164
  • Prince Albert – 306-953-3612
  • La Ronge – 1-800-667-4380

We need your feedback to improve Help us improve