The Licensee Liability Rating (LLR) Program is part of the Saskatchewan Oil and Gas Orphan Fund (SOGOF) and is designed to prevent the occurrence of orphaned wells and facilities within Saskatchewan.
Each licensee with upstream oil and gas wells and facilities, including service wells, in the province has their LLR rating calculated monthly by the Government of Saskatchewan's Ministry of the Economy (the Ministry).
The Directive PNG025 (Draft) Licensee Liability Rating (LLR) Program provides information on:
- The abandonment and reclamation liability associated with a particular type of well or facility;
- How a licensee's liability rating is calculated; and
- When a security deposit is required under SOGOF and how to provide payment.
LLR System Login
To find out your organization's LLR rating, sign into the LLR system and review your inventory and liability reports. Note the Licensee Liability Inventory report is updated on the 28th of every month.
Obtaining a username and password to access your inventory and liability reports from the LLR System:
- Create a letter on company letterhead that includes:
- Request for username and password to access the LLR System;
- Licensee's name (in full) and operator code;
- Companies full mailing address;
- Name of the person who will serve as the Licensee Administrator; and
- Licensee Administrator's email address, phone number and fax number.
Note: The letter must be signed and stamped with the company seal by someone with signing authority (for example, the president or manager).
- Email the letter to PNG Support Desk with subject line LLR System Login Request.
- When your account is created the Licensee Administrator identified will receive an email that contains the username and password.
Each licensee only receives one username and password and it's the responsibility of the Licensee Administrator to distribute it within the company. If the administrator changes, please inform the Ministry, via email to the PNG Support Desk, and provide the new administrator contact information (i.e. name, email address, phone and fax number).