Buy a hunting, angling or trapping licence through HAL – the government’s hunting, angling and trapping licence system.
HAL lets you buy online 24/7 at your convenience. You can still buy licences at issuers or by phone.
Whether you are an in-province, out-of-province or out-of-country angler, there is important residency and licence information that you will need to know before buying a licence.
The angling licences available for purchase are based on residency. Please review the residency definitions listed below prior to purchasing your licence to avoid any inconvenience.
A Saskatchewan resident:
- Is a person who is a Canadian resident, has their principal residence in Saskatchewan and has lived in Saskatchewan for three months immediately preceding the date of licence purchase.
- Includes members of the RCMP, stationed and residing in the province or regular members of the Canadian Armed Forces who were Saskatchewan residents when recruited or deployed from the province.
A Canadian resident is a:
- Person who has their principal residence in Canada and who is a Canadian citizen or who has lived in Canada for 12 months immediately preceding the date of licence purchase.
A non-resident is a:
- Person who is not a Saskatchewan or Canadian resident.
It is a violation to:
- Use more than one HAL ID number for the purpose of obtaining or applying for a licence.
- Hold or apply for a licence while suspended.
How To Buy A Licence
Licences are available:
Licence purchases can be made by accessing your existing account using your HAL identification number of your previously registered secondary identification number. Do not create a second account. For assistance with your account, call 1-855-848-4773 (8 a.m. to 9 p.m.).
Remember — your HAL ID is a one-time, permanent and personal number.
Buy A Licence
Purchase a Licence
If you need help with your account, or have additional questions about buying a licence, call 1-855-848-4773 between 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.