Google Translate Disclaimer

A number of pages on the Government of Saskatchewan's website have been professionally translated in French. These translations are identified by a yellow box in the right or left rail that resembles the link below. The home page for French-language content on this site can be found at:

Renseignements en Français

Where an official translation is not available, Google™ Translate can be used. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Translations are made available to increase access to Government of Saskatchewan content for populations whose first language is not English.

Software-based translations do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact, and may include incorrect or offensive language. The Government of Saskatchewan does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos and other file formats such as portable document formats (PDFs).

Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk. Government of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using translated website content. If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please visit: Google™ Translate FAQs.

Angling Licences

SK Hunt & Fish Mobile App
The new SK Hunt & Fish Mobile App is the official hunting and fishing licence management app for the Government of Saskatchewan. The app provides essential fishing, hunting and wildlife information, and conveniently stores all your purchased licences. Search SK Hunt & Fish in the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.

How To Buy A Licence

Angling licences are available:

If purchasing online, you will require a Hunting, Angling and Trapping Licence (HAL) system account. If you have an existing account, use your HAL number or your previously registered secondary identification number. Do not create a second account. If you require assistance with your account, call 1-855-848-4773 (8 a.m. to 9 p.m.).

It is a violation to:

  • Use more than one HAL number for the purpose of obtaining or applying for a licence.
  • Hold or apply for a licence while suspended.

Remember – your HAL ID is a one-time, permanent and personal number.


Whether you are an in-province, out-of-province or out-of-country angler, there is important residency and licence information that you will need to know before buying a licence.

Saskatchewan angling licences are based on residency. Please review the residency definitions listed below prior to purchasing your licence.

Saskatchewan resident: A person who is a Canadian resident with a principal residence in Saskatchewan and has lived in the province for three months immediately preceding the date of licence purchase, or is a regular member of the Canadian Armed Forces who was a Saskatchewan resident when recruited or deployed from the province.

Canadian resident: A person who has a principal residence elsewhere in Canada and is a Canadian citizen, or has lived in Canada for 12 months immediately preceding the date of licence purchase.

Non-resident: A person who is not a Saskatchewan or Canadian resident.

Senior: A Saskatchewan resident 65 years of age or older who produces proof of age and Saskatchewan residency does not require an angling licence, but must meet all other fishing regulations. Out-of-province seniors require a licence.

Canadian Armed Forces Veteran: A veteran is a Saskatchewan or Canadian resident who is a former member of the Canadian Armed Forces, has successfully undergone basic training and has been honourably discharged.

Licensing Fees

Download a PDF of the Fee Table

Note: Some licence fees have changed and angling licences now expire March 31.

Saskatchewan Resident
Age 16 to 64
   – Annual (*auto renewal option also available in HAL self-serve
   – Three-day (consecutive days)
   – One-day
Senior (65 and older) – no licence required
Canadian Armed Forces Veteran (details above)
Youth (under 16) – no licence required




Canadian Resident (see definition above)
Age 16 and older
   – Annual
   – Three-day (consecutive days)
   – One-day
Canadian Armed Forces Veteran (details above)
Youth (under 16) – no licence required


Non-Resident (see definition above)
Age 16 and older
   – Annual
   – Three-day (consecutive days)
   – One-day
Youth (under 16) – no licence required


Buy A Licence

Purchase a Licence

Further Information

If you need help with your account or have additional questions about buying a licence, call 1-855-848-4773 (8 a.m. to 9 p.m.).

We need your feedback to improve Help us improve