Google Translate Disclaimer

A number of pages on the Government of Saskatchewan's website have been professionally translated in French. These translations are identified by a yellow box in the right or left rail that resembles the link below. The home page for French-language content on this site can be found at:

Renseignements en Français

Where an official translation is not available, Google™ Translate can be used. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Translations are made available to increase access to Government of Saskatchewan content for populations whose first language is not English.

Software-based translations do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact, and may include incorrect or offensive language. The Government of Saskatchewan does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos and other file formats such as portable document formats (PDFs).

Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk. Government of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using translated website content. If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please visit: Google™ Translate FAQs.

Hospitality Sector Project


This sub-category is for foreign workers who want to apply for permanent residency and:

  • Are currently working in Saskatchewan on a temporary work permit.
  • Have been working with an SINP Hospitality-approved employer for a minimum of six months (780 hours).
  • Are working in one of the following jobs:
    • Food/Beverage Server (NOC 65200).
    • Food Counter Attendant/Kitchen Helper (NOC 65201).
    • Housekeeping/Cleaning Staff (NOC 65310).
  • Intend to reside in Saskatchewan as a permanent resident. Note: all nominees with temporary work permits must reside in Saskatchewan.
  • Meet the sub-category criteria.


To qualify, you must:

  • Have a valid work permit issued by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) through a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) for:
    • Food/Beverage Server (NOC 65200).
    • Food Counter Attendant/Kitchen Helper (NOC 65201).
    • Housekeeping/Cleaning Staff (NOC 65310).
  • Have finished at least Grade 12 (or equivalent).
  • Work for an employer that has been approved by the SINP to participate in the Hospitality Sector Project. The SINP will deny applications from hospitality sector employees who began working for their employer before the employer received pre-approved authorization to hire a foreign worker through the SINP.
    • To find out if your employer is SINP-approved, ask for a copy of their letter of approval.
  • Have worked for at least six-months (780 hours) of full-time (30+ hours per week) work experience in the job with the employer that has provided you the Job Approval Letter, with a valid work permit.  The work experience must be consecutive work experience.
  • Have a job offer of permanent, full-time work from an approved Saskatchewan Hospitality employer.
  • Have at least Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLB) 4 or higher English ability in all four categories (listening, speaking, reading and writing).
  • Have a valid SINP Job Approval Letter. Employers must register with the SINP and obtain the Job Approval Letter. They will then provide the Job Approval Letter to you if you meet their hiring qualifications.

Temporary Foreign Workers

If you are a temporary foreign worker:

  1. Your employer needs to send a completed SINP-500-4 Hospitality Sector Recruitment and Settlement Plan.
  2. Once this plan is approved and you have completed the requirements, you can apply.

The federal government sets the amount of nominations the SINP can make every year. The SINP also accepts a maximum number of applications each year. No application is guaranteed to be accepted.

Who Cannot Apply Through the Saskatchewan Experience - Hospitality Section Project Sub Category

The following cannot apply:

  • Refugee claimants in Canada who are claiming refugee status from the Government of Canada.

You may not be eligible for nomination by the SINP if:

  • You did not send documents that were asked for.
  • You were not able to prove that you plan to live and work in Saskatchewan.
  • You and or your representative have intentionally misrepresented yourselves in the application.

How to Apply

Applications that are sent with missing documents or are not translated will be closed. If your application is closed, you will be sent a letter and asked to reapply.

Apply online to the SINP

  1. Create an account.
  2. Complete all sections.
  3. Scan and upload completed forms and supporting documents in PDF format. Keep the originals for your records.
  4. Save and submit your application online.

What You Need to Know About Using Immigration Representatives

You do not need to use an immigration representative or consultant to apply to the SINP. If you want one, you must make sure they are a lawyer in Canada in good standing with a provincial law society or licensed by the Government of Saskatchewan. Visit Using an Immigration Representative for more information or see a list of approved immigration consultants. You can learn more about Saskatchewan's laws that protect foreign workers by visiting Protection for Immigrants and Foreign Workers.

Other Forms and Information

We need your feedback to improve Help us improve