Google Translate Disclaimer

A number of pages on the Government of Saskatchewan's website have been professionally translated in French. These translations are identified by a yellow box in the right or left rail that resembles the link below. The home page for French-language content on this site can be found at:

Renseignements en Français

Where an official translation is not available, Google™ Translate can be used. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Translations are made available to increase access to Government of Saskatchewan content for populations whose first language is not English.

Software-based translations do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact, and may include incorrect or offensive language. The Government of Saskatchewan does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos and other file formats such as portable document formats (PDFs).

Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk. Government of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using translated website content. If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please visit: Google™ Translate FAQs.

International Skilled Worker Hard-to-Fill Skills Pilot


On November 16, 2022, the names and codes for occupations in Canada will change and the SINP and IRCC will use the new National Occupation Classification system (dated 2021). All new applications will use the new system. Please contact us at and 1-833-613-0485 if you have any questions.

Please note that new occupations have been added to the Hard-to-Fill Skills Pilot eligibility list as of September 16, 2022. They include: Industrial butchers and meat cutters, poultry preparers and related workers; Machining Tool Operators; Oil and gas drilling, servicing and related labourers; Store shelf stockers, clerks and order fillers; Storekeepers and partspersons.

Please refer to the website for future updates or changes to program intake. Depending on program demand, thresholds or caps may be implemented to manage the number of applications under this pilot.

This sub-category is for intermediate and low-skilled workers in eligible, high-demand occupations who:

  • Have an offer for a job in Saskatchewan.
  • Meet the criteria of the sub-category.


  • Have at least one year of full-time work experience in the past three years (in your intended occupation); or six months (780 hours) of full-time (30+ hours per week) work experience in the job with the employer that has provided you the Job Approval Letter. The work experience does not need to be consecutive work experience in either case.
  • Have a language score of at least Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 4.
    • Some employers or regulators may ask for scores that are higher than CLB 4.
  • Have completed the equivalent of Canadian secondary school (high school) or higher level education. If your studies were not completed in Canada, you will need to submit an Educational Credential Assessment.
    • Nominations issued for NOC 7511 – Transport Truck Drivers will be conditional until proof is provided to the SINP that you have received the required licensing and endorsements from Saskatchewan Government Insurance (SGI) to maintain your nomination. The type of vehicle you drive on the job will determine the licence and endorsements you will need. You must provide proof of completion of Mandatory Entry-Level Training (MELT) and that you hold a valid Class 1A licence issued by SGI to drive power units and semi-trucks, and trucks with trailer(s) or vehicle(s) in tow where the gross vehicle weight of the towed unit(s) exceeds 4,600 kg. A valid Class 2A licence issued by SGI will be required for all other types of transport trucks.
  • Have an SINP-approved offer for a permanent, full-time job in Saskatchewan. You will need a valid SINP Job Approval Letter from your employer to show proof. The offer must be in one of the following occupations:
Occupation Title
9619 Other labourers in processing, manufacturing and utilities
9617 Labourers in food, beverage and associated Products processing
9612 Labourers in Metal fabrication
9536 Industrial painters, coaters and Metal finishing process operators
9526 Mechanical assemblers and inspectors
9462 Industrial butchers and meat cutter poultry preparers and related workers *added Sept.16, 2022
9461 Process control and machine operators, food, beverage and associated processing
9431 Sawmill machine operators
9417 Machining Tool Operators *added Sept. 16, 2022
9416 Metalworking and forging machine operators
8615 Oil and gas drilling, servicing and related labourers *added Sept. 16, 2022
8431 General farm workers
7611 Construction trades helpers and labourers
7521 Heavy Equipment operators (except crane)
7511 Transport truck drivers
7452 Material handlers
6733 Janitors, caretakers and building superintendents
6731 Light duty cleaners
6711 Food counter attendants, kitchen helpers and related support occupations
6622 Store shelf stockers, clerks and order fillers *added Sept. 16, 2022
6525 Hotel front desk clerks
6513 Food and beverage servers
4412 Home support workers, housekeepers and related occupations*
3414 Other assisting occupations in support of health services
3413 Nurse aides, orderlies and patient service associates
1522 Storekeepers and partspersons *added Sept. 16, 2022
1525 Dispatchers
1521 Shippers and receivers

*This pilot is not available to employers hiring Home Support Workers, Housekeepers and Related Occupations (NOC 4412) who reside in the client's residence or their place of work. Employers seeking workers to reside in the client's residence or their place of work must utilize Canada's Caregiver Programs for recruitment.

The program criteria can change at any time, but we will use what was on this website when we received your application.

The federal government sets the amount of nominations the SINP can make every year. No application is guaranteed to be nominated.

Your employer must meet requirements to support your application and immigration through this pilot. More information can be found here: Hard-to-Fill Skills Pilot Employer Requirements.

Who Cannot Apply Through the Hard-to-Fill Skills Sub-Category?

The following cannot apply:

  • Refugee claimants in Canada who are claiming refugee status from the Government of Canada.

You may not be eligible if:

  • You did not provide the required documents at the time of submitting your application.
  • You were not able to prove that you plan to live and work in Saskatchewan.
  • You and or your representative have intentionally misrepresented yourselves in the application.

How to Apply

To apply to this pilot, you need a job offer. To start your search, please visit Your employer will need to provide you with a Job Approval Letter from the SINP. Additionally, please ensure that you:

  • Follow the guidelines for the Application Process.
  • Complete, scan and submit all of your Required Documents.

Applications that are submitted with missing documents or not translated will be returned. If your application is returned, you will be sent a letter and asked to reapply.

Apply online to the SINP

  1. Create an account.
  2. Complete all sections.
  3. Scan and upload your completed forms and supporting documents in a PDF. Keep the originals for your records.
  4. Save and submit your application online.

What You Need to Know About Using Immigration Representatives

You do not need to use an immigration representative or consultant to apply to the SINP. If you choose to use a representative, you must make sure they are a lawyer in Canada in good standing with a provincial law society or licensed by the Government of Saskatchewan. Visit Using an Immigration Representative for more information or see a list of approved immigration consultants. You can learn more about Saskatchewan's laws that protect foreign workers by visiting Protection for Immigrants and Foreign Workers.

Other Forms and Information

We need your feedback to improve Help us improve