Renseignements en français

Google Translate Disclaimer

A number of pages on the Government of Saskatchewan's website have been professionally translated in French. These translations are identified by a yellow box in the right or left rail that resembles the link below. The home page for French-language content on this site can be found at:

Renseignements en Français

Where an official translation is not available, Google™ Translate can be used. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Translations are made available to increase access to Government of Saskatchewan content for populations whose first language is not English.

Software-based translations do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact, and may include incorrect or offensive language. The Government of Saskatchewan does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos and other file formats such as portable document formats (PDFs).

Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk. Government of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using translated website content. If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please visit: Google™ Translate FAQs.

Rent Increases

Fixed-Term Tenancies

Rent may be increased by either a percentage or dollar amount for fixed-term tenancies as indicated in the written tenancy agreement or as indicated in the Term Lease – Two Month Notice of Intention Form available through the ORT’s online portal. This form must be served on the tenants at least two months before the tenancy end date. Tenants have 30 days to accept the new terms in writing or to vacate the property by the tenancy end date.

Periodic Tenancies

Landlords who are not members of a prescribed landlord association may serve tenants with a 12-month Notice of Rent Increase available through the ORT’s online portal. The rent increase may not begin within the first 18 months of the tenancy start date, and the rent may only be increased once every 12 months.

Landlords who are members in good standing of either the Network of Non-Profit Housing Providers of Saskatchewan Incorporated (NPHPS) or the Saskatchewan Landlord Association Inc. (SKLA) may serve tenants with a six-month Notice of Rent Increase for Prescribed Landlord Association Members available through the ORT’s online portal. The rent increase may not begin within the first 12 months of the tenancy start date, and it may only be increased once every six months.

Housing Programs

Housing program tenancies, where rent is based on a tenant’s income, may be increased by the housing program as a tenant’s income increases.

We need your feedback to improve Help us improve