Saskatchewan residents with valid Saskatchewan health coverage may be eligible for drug plan benefits. Costs of prescriptions vary depending on the type of benefits individuals receive.
The Drug Plan was established to:
- Provide coverage to Saskatchewan residents for quality pharmaceutical products of proven therapeutic effectiveness
- Reduce the direct cost of prescription drugs to Saskatchewan residents
- Reduce the cost of drug materials
- Encourage the rational use of prescription drugs
Residents whose health services are covered under existing federal programs through First Nations and Inuit Health, Health Canada, Department of Veteran Affairs, Worker's Compensation and federal penitentiaries are not eligible for Drug Plan benefits from Saskatchewan Health.
Use these links to find more information about federal health care provisions for:
- Indigenous Peoples
- Newcomers to Canada
- Group Health Insurance for eligible Canadian Forces (CF) veterans and their families
With our provincial and territorial partners, the province have leveraged our combined purchasing power to save an estimated $10 million annually on generic drugs.