Saskatchewan-Québec Student Exchange Program
The 2023 fall Saskatchewan-Québec Student Exchange Program will be modified and offered virtually.
Saskatchewan students in Grades 10 and 11 can take part in an exchange with students from Québec through a virtual exchange program.
The program will span a period of six weeks, from October 30 to December 10, 2023. A mandatory orientation session will take place virtually. All communication/activities will take place after school hours and on weekends. Students will be in contact with their twin at least twice during the week.
As the Saskatchewan-Québec Student Exchange Program will be held virtually in the 2023 school year, the liaison teacher is not required to conduct an interview with the student and their family.
The program gives students a chance to:
- Improve their knowledge of the French language;
- Learn about French Canadian culture; and
- Experience personal growth in social skills.
The program is available to Saskatchewan high school students who will be in Grade 10 or 11 during the exchange year and who are currently studying French, whether it is Core French, French Immersion or Post-Intensive French.
Students are selected for the program based on:
- Consent and approval from the parents, guardians or caregivers;
- Sincere interest from the student and family; and
- Personal qualities, including:
- maturity and sense of responsibility;
- sense of humour; and
- acceptance of others.
3. Application Information
Students who meet selection criteria may apply for the exchange program if:
- the student is committed to the program; and
- the parents, guardians or caregivers give permission for the student to participate.
How to apply:
- The student completes the Student Application Form and submits it to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested students and parents must accept all conditions of the exchange as outlined in the Saskatchewan-Quebec Student Exchange Program 2023 information package as well as in the required consent and guideline forms that will be sent to participants directly by email prior to the exchange.
Students may apply for the 2023 fall Saskatchewan-Quebec Student Exchange program until October 10, 2023.
Note: Please do not mail original documents to the Programs Branch.