Students who meet selection criteria may apply for the exchange program if:
- the school recommends the student and the school division has agreed to participate in the program;
- the student is committed to the program; and,
- the parents, guardians or caregivers give permission for the student to participate.
How to apply:
- The student indicates their interest in the program to their teacher.
- If the school recommends the participation of the student and a teacher has accepted the role of liaison teacher, the teacher fills out the Request to Participate Application Form, has it signed by the school division, and emails it to the provincial coordinator.
- The student completes the Student Application Form and submits this to the liaison teacher.
- The liaison teacher schedules and leads an interview with the student and their family during which the teacher fills out the Teacher Interview Guide.
- The teacher and school principal sign the completed guide.
- The liaison teacher sends the student application and interview guide by email to the provincial coordinator.
School division application deadline for the 2021-22 SK-QC Student Exchange program is December 4, 2020.
Student application and liaison teacher interview guide deadline for the 2021-22 SK-QC Student Exchange program are March 22, 2021.
Note: Please do not mail original documents to the Programs Branch.