Property owners have the right to appeal their property assessment.
Currently, each municipality is responsible for appointing a board of revision and secretary, which is the first level of appeal.
As part of our commitment to better serve the people of Saskatchewan by improving the property assessment appeal system, the Government of Saskatchewan amended The Municipalities Regulations, The Cities Regulations and The Northern Municipalities Regulations. The amendments:
- Established the Office of the Registrar;
- Require all boards of revision to be certified to hear property assessment appeals starting with the 2023 taxation year;
- Update the thresholds for simplified appeals to allow more property owners to choose the simplified process, which is less formal;
- Provided the centralized board of revision with the duties of a local board of revision for municipalities unwilling or unable to appoint their own certified board; and
- Regulated fees the centralized board of revision can charge municipalities that choose to use it.
These amendments ensure all property owners have access to the first-level assessment appeal process.
Check out the links and resources that support existing boards of revision and municipalities.
For more information about boards of revision training and certification, contact the Ministry of Government Relations:
Policy and Program Services
Mail: 15th Floor, 1855 Victoria Avenue, Regina, SK S4P 3T2
For general information about the current property assessment appeal process, contact the ministry branch for your area:
Advisory Services and Municipal Relations
Inquiry Line: 306-787-2680
Mail: 10th Floor, 1855 Victoria Avenue, Regina, SK S4P 3T2
Northern Municipal Services
Phone (La Ronge): 306-425-4320
Mail: Box 113, La Ronge, SK S0J 1L0