Google Translate Disclaimer

A number of pages on the Government of Saskatchewan's website have been professionally translated in French. These translations are identified by a yellow box in the right or left rail that resembles the link below. The home page for French-language content on this site can be found at:

Renseignements en Français

Where an official translation is not available, Google™ Translate can be used. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Translations are made available to increase access to Government of Saskatchewan content for populations whose first language is not English.

Software-based translations do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact, and may include incorrect or offensive language. The Government of Saskatchewan does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos and other file formats such as portable document formats (PDFs).

Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk. Government of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using translated website content. If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please visit: Google™ Translate FAQs.

Damage Claims, Weeds and Pests

The Saskatchewan Ministry of Energy and Resources and the Saskatchewan Ministry of Environment handle reports of damages that occur on site (on lease) during the life of the well. Please report any spills or damage to the nearest field office.

Lloydminster (Area 1) Field Office 306-825-6434
Kindersley (Area 2) Field Office 306-463-5400
Swift Current (Area 3) Field Office 306-778-8252
Estevan (Area 4) Field Office 306-637-4541


Damages that are not situated within the surface rights acquired by an operator (off lease) must be reported to the Surface Rights Board within 30 days after discovery, by notifying the Board in writing. The Board will then notify the operator. If the parties are unable to agree upon the amount of loss or damage, the Board may schedule a hearing to determine the merits of the claim and the amount of compensation to be paid.*

* Section 63(5) of The Surface Rights Acquisition and Compensation Act limits the amount of claim to $30,000.00.

Weeds and Pests

The operator is responsible for control of weeds and pests on the land on which it operates. If there is a weed or pest problem on site, the owner may apply to the Board in writing within three months, and the Board may order the operator to destroy the weeds and pests or may award the owner or occupant compensation to do so.


Concerns should also be reported to the Ministry of Energy and Resources (Liability Management or ER Service Desk at 1-855-219-4373).

We need your feedback to improve Help us improve