During an event like Novel Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19), the role of public health is to limit the spread of an illness through surveillance, containment and education.
Current public health measures:
- Mandatory masking province-wide in indoor public spaces
- All private dwelling indoor gatherings are limited to immediate households (people you currently live with) only. Single individuals (a person who resides on their own) are permitted to meet with one household of less than five (always the same household).
- Co-parenting arrangements are permitted to continue. Caregivers, support personnel and tradespersons are permitted.
- Outdoor gatherings limited to maximum 10 people (People in attendance must ensure that physical distancing of at least two metres between households is maintained)
- Visits to long-term care and personal care homes suspended except for compassionate reasons
- No alcohol sales after 10 p.m. in licensed establishments
- Entertainment transportation no longer permitted
All restaurants and licensed establishments (bars, taverns, nightclubs)
Performance and Gaming Venues
- Casinos and bingo halls must close, VLTs in facilities outside of casinos and bingo halls are permitted.
- Personal care services must reduce customer occupancy by 50 per cent.
- Capacity will be restricted to 30 people at all arenas, live theatres, movie theatres, performing arts venues and any other facilities.
- Where any of these facilities offer food or beverage service, they must keep the activity separate (i.e. cordoned off) from the food and beverage service. No food or drink may be in the activity area.
Indoor Public Event Gatherings:
- Indoor public banquets, conferences, wedding and funeral receptions in public venues will be limited to 30 people. Food or beverages may not be present or served.
Sport, Fitness and Dance
- All team/group sports, activities, games, competitions, recitals, practices, etc. are suspended, including amateur and recreational leagues for all age groups. Examples include hockey, curling, racquet sports, cheerleading, dance practices in group setting, etc.
- Athletes and dancers 18 years of age and under may continue practicing, conditioning and skills training in groups of eight or fewer, abiding by the required mask use and at least three metres of physical distancing between participants at all times.
- Individual groups of eight may not share a training/rehearsal surface or space at the same time.
- Coaches /trainers are not included in the training group numbers as long as they are masked and maintain a minimum physical distance of three metres.
- Fitness activities and group fitness classes in groups of eight or fewer continues to be permitted, for all ages. Mask use and at least three metres of physical distancing between participants must be maintained.
- Review the Sports and Activities Guidelines.
Places of Worship
- All places of worship must reduce capacity to 30 people, including wedding, funeral, and baptismal services. No food or drink may be present or served.
- Review the Places of Worship guidelines.
Mandatory Masking Expanded
Malls and Retail
- Retail services (essential and non-essential) must reduce their capacity to 50 per cent as prescribed in the public health order. Large big box retailers, as defined in the public health order, must reduce to 25 per cent of capacity.
- Retail businesses must enhance the expectation of mask use and mitigation measures (reduced traffic, directional flow signage, hand sanitizer, etc.) through signage and staff training.;
- Review the Clothing and Retail Guidelines.
The Public Health Orders related to these measures have been extended until March 19, 2021.