Google Translate Disclaimer

A number of pages on the Government of Saskatchewan's website have been professionally translated in French. These translations are identified by a yellow box in the right or left rail that resembles the link below. The home page for French-language content on this site can be found at:

Renseignements en Français

Where an official translation is not available, Google™ Translate can be used. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Translations are made available to increase access to Government of Saskatchewan content for populations whose first language is not English.

Software-based translations do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact, and may include incorrect or offensive language. The Government of Saskatchewan does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos and other file formats such as portable document formats (PDFs).

Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk. Government of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using translated website content. If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please visit: Google™ Translate FAQs.

Fuel Tax Exemption Permit Application (Farm Fuel Program)


Farmers, commercial fishermen, trappers and loggers may apply for a Fuel Tax Exemption Permit to purchase tax-reduced marked diesel fuel for use in their farming, commercial fishing, trapping and logging activities.


An eligible farmer is:

  • A person who owns or rents land,
  • Controls and is responsible for the operation of a farm; and
  • Meets at least one of the following criteria:
    • The person must own or rent at least 75 acres (30 hectares) of cultivated land in Saskatchewan, that is used for the growing of cereal crops; or
    • The person received gross annual revenue of at least $10,000 from the sale of primary farm products that he or she produced in Saskatchewan.

A person may also qualify as a farmer if he or she is a member or shareholder in and contributed substantially to the agricultural operation of a farm organization, such as:

  • An agricultural corporation;
  • Farm partnership;
  • Farm co-operative; or
  • Farm colony.

Commercial Fishermen, Trappers and Loggers

Licensed commercial fishermen, trappers and loggers are eligible when they present the necessary proof that they are licensed.

How to Apply

Complete and submit a Fuel Tax Exemption Permit Application.

Ministry of Finance
PO Box 200
Regina, SK S4P 2Z6

In Regina: 306-787-6645

Commercial fishermen, trappers and loggers must provide the details of their license, permit or contract number on the permit application.

Further Information

Find out more in Information Bulletins:


Apply for a Fuel Tax Exemption Permit

We need your feedback to improve Help us improve