Google Translate Disclaimer

A number of pages on the Government of Saskatchewan's website have been professionally translated in French. These translations are identified by a yellow box in the right or left rail that resembles the link below. The home page for French-language content on this site can be found at:

Renseignements en Français

Where an official translation is not available, Google™ Translate can be used. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Translations are made available to increase access to Government of Saskatchewan content for populations whose first language is not English.

Software-based translations do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact, and may include incorrect or offensive language. The Government of Saskatchewan does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos and other file formats such as portable document formats (PDFs).

Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk. Government of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using translated website content. If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please visit: Google™ Translate FAQs.

Steps for Resolving Occupational Health and Safety Concerns

When a safety concern arises, workers should:

  1. Contact their supervisor to discuss their safety concerns in an effort to resolve them. Supervisors should promptly investigate the concern and take any appropriate corrective action. If the supervisor can't resolve the concern, he/she should contact the employer/manager about the concern.
  2. If the issue can't be resolved between the worker and supervisor, or the supervisor refuses to address the issue, workers should contact their occupational health committee or occupational health and safety representative. The committee should try to resolve the concern with the workers and the supervisor and employer/manager if necessary.
  3. If the issue cannot be resolved, contact occupational health and safety. An occupational health officer may be able to offer some advice/assistance to help resolve the problem.

When a committee identifies unsafe conditions at the workplace, they should provide written a notice about the unsafe condition(s) and their recommended corrective action(s) to the employer.

When employers receive the committee's recommendations, they:

  • Are required to inform the committee/representative in writing of the actions they have taken or will take to correct the unsafe condition. Or, if the employer chooses not to correct the unsafe condition(s), they must give written reasons for this as well.
  • If the employer did not accept the recommended corrective actions, the committee may need to find other suitable solutions for the unsafe condition(s).
  • If the issue cannot be resolved, an occupational health officer should be called. The officer will try to help both sides find an acceptable solution. If that is not possible, the officer will make a decision based on the requirements of The Saskatchewan Employment Act and regulations.

We need your feedback to improve Help us improve