A supplier is a person who supplies, sells, offers or exposes for sale, leases, distributes or installs any biological or chemical substance or any plant to be used at a place of employment.
Under The Saskatchewan Employment Act, a supplier must:
- Supply plant (workplaces, sites, equipment), in a safe condition;
- Supply chemical and biological substances that are safe when instructions are followed correctly;
- Provide written instructions about how to use equipment safely;
- Maintain equipment in safe condition; and
- Know and follow The Saskatchewan Employment Act and regulations.