Regulations require that a yearly mine plan showing the underground operation of an operating mine be submitted once a year.
This mine plan must show location of the mine and the underground working. It should also show all above ground building, roads, railways, power lines, etc. Mine plans should also include lease boundaries, mineral ownership and township grid.
Operating mines are required to submit an annual mine plan by March 31.
Every operating mine in Saskatchewan must submit a mine plan at the end of every calendar year.
How to Submit
The mine plan must contain the following:
- A general map of the property showing access roads, rail, airstrip, water bodies, lease boundaries with lease identification. For potash mines, this map should also clearly show the boundary of the Unitization Agreement (UA);
- Plan of underground and/or surface operations by March 31;
- Areas mined out and developed during the previous year;
- Areas expected to be mined during the current year (when available);
- Five-year mine plan (when available);
- Detail and identification of surface buildings and installations (including shaft, raises to surface, portals, etc.);
- Anything else of specific interest for the property (city limit, provincial boundary, Crown reserve, park, etc.);
- Name, address and email address of the person operating the mine; and
- Name and the locality of any smelter or mill or buyer to which the minerals, mineral ores or mineral-bearing substances or any part of them were sent.
The SaskGrid should be clearly visible, and must be clearly identified on each map or drawing. When a drawing is entirely located within a single Land Sub-Division (LSD), a reference point, orientation arrow and a scale must be provided. Access SaskGrid at Information Services Corporation of Saskatchewan
Please submit digital files (Arc Map polygon shapefile preferred; AutoCAD, PDF and JPG/GIF acceptable).
Email digital submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mail paper submissions to:
Resource Conservation Technician
Ministry of Energy and Resources
1000, 2103 - 11th Avenue
Regina, SK S4P 3Z8