- Trade Statistics - Trade export numbers now updated.
- The eighth and final issue of Crop Production News for 2022 has been published.
- The 2022 Agriculture Student Scholarship winners have been announced.
- Projects Approved for the Strategic Field Program in 2022 - Learn which projects received funding for the Strategic Field Program.
- Agricultural Corporation Exemptions from Mineral Rights Tax - Agricultural corporations may receive an exemption.
- Irrigation Regulatory Requirements - Legislated requirements for irrigation districts and irrigators as identified in The Irrigation Act, 2019 and The Irrigation Regulations, 2020.
- The Building and Strengthening Indigenous Supports (BASIS) team is working to build relationships with First Nations and Métis people through agricultural programming opportunities.
- Diamondback moth is arriving in Saskatchewan, but numbers are currently low.
- Grain Contracts - The objective of this page is to provide general information to producers about forward grain contracts and help them understand what signing a forward contract means in terms of commitments and risks.
New Sask Ag Now Blog Posts:
- Feeding for Fertility - Feeding to meet a beef cow’s nutritional requirements is important to ensuring the 365-day calving interval is maintained.
- Sign Up for the General Canola Disease Survey Today - Ever wonder why the general canola disease survey is conducted? Wonder no more!
- Explore your Cropportunities in Swift Current - Join us on March 14 in Swift Current for Cropportunities 2023!
- Sowing the Seeds of Safety - Farm Safety Week happens in March! Find all the information, tools, training and resources that can make your #FarmSafeEveryDay!!
- Colostrum is Essential for Healthy Calves - Lack of transfer of protective antibodies present in colostrum, puts the calf at risk of preweaning morbidity and mortality.
- Do You Know Your Roots? Forage Blends Are More Than Just Varieties - Forage blends are more than just different varieties seeded together for feed. There are different components of the blend, like root systems, that can improve the health of your soils.
- Why Test Your Seed Going into 2023? - The 2022 season may have left your seed with low germination and vigour or high levels of disease pathogens. Conduct a seed test to find out how your seed quality will affect your 2023 cropping plans.
- Managing Records on Your Farm - You can’t manage what you don’t measure. Record keeping can increase profitability on your operation, but only if you use the data you have collected.
- Herbicide Resistant Kochia and Control Methods - Herbicide resistant kochia populations continue to increase. See the most recent survey results and learn ways to help reduce populations.
- Pasture Management - Adopting a Rotational Grazing System - Are you looking to improve pasture management?
Agriculture News Releases
Find all of the News Releases issued by the Ministry of Agriculture in this filtered list: