- The eighth and final issue of Crop Production News for 2022 has been published.
- The 2022 Agriculture Student Scholarship winners have been announced.
- Projects Approved for the Strategic Field Program in 2022 - Learn which projects received funding for the Strategic Field Program.
- Agricultural Corporation Exemptions from Mineral Rights Tax - Agricultural corporations may receive an exemption.
- Trade Statistics - Trade export numbers now updated.
- The Building and Strengthening Indigenous Supports (BASIS) team is working to build relationships with First Nations and Métis people through agricultural programming opportunities.
- Diamondback moth is arriving in Saskatchewan, but numbers are currently low.
- Grain Contracts - The objective of this page is to provide general information to producers about forward grain contracts and help them understand what signing a forward contract means in terms of commitments and risks.
- Handheld Probes for Managing Water Quality on Your Farm - Information on purchasing a water meter to test livestock water sources on your operation.
New Sask Ag Now Blog Posts:
- Tips for Corn Grazing - Follow these grazing tips to ensure you are making the most of your corn.
- Nitrogen Inhibitors in Fall Fertilizer Applications - With any fall applied nitrogen, a nitrogen inhibitor should be used to help avoid losses.
- Feed Testing and Analysis - Feed testing is an important component of planning for the winter-feeding period. Learn more about how feed testing can benefit your operation.
- Environmental Considerations for Extensive Winter Feeding Sites - Do you use an extensive winter-feeding system on your operation? There are several factors to consider for mitigating environmental risks.
- Supplementing Fall Pasture - Saskatchewan Stock Growers Association members conducted an ADOPT project demonstrating value of providing some canola meal as supplemental feed to bred heifers grazing pasture late in the year.
- Integrated Approach to the Control of Leafy Spurge in Pasture - Leafy spurge is a noxious weed that is challenging to control in pastures. A demonstration project comparing three different herbicides applied in conjunction with biological control showed up to 98 per cent reduction in leafy spurge cover following treatment.
- Controlling and Preventing Insect Infestations in Stored Grain - Is your grain safe from insects?
- Using Pregnancy Testing as a Management Tool - Pregnancy testing is a great management tool for evaluating reproductive performance of your herd and helping to determine where to allocate your feed resources.
- Fall Dormant Seeding Forages - Timing is critical for successful fall dormant seeding of perennial forages.
- Public Trust Survey Results Through the Years - Saskatchewan residents continue to show confidence in Saskatchewan agriculture and food production.
- What to Keep Top of Mind When Selling Your Crop - Have you ever wondered if the grain grade or dockage your elevator has assessed can be challenged?
Agriculture News Releases
Find all of the News Releases issued by the Ministry of Agriculture in this filtered list: