Market intelligence services are available for Saskatchewan exporters through the Saskatchewan Trade and Export Partnership (STEP), Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC) and the Ministry of Agriculture.
STEP market intelligence services focus on producing customized reports that include:
- Competitive intelligence and analysis;
- Market assessments and overviews;
- Customer and company lists;
- Political risks; and
- Tariff and regulatory information.
Please note that only STEP members have access to STEP market intelligence services.
AAFC international market intelligence services include:
- Identifying new and existing market, sector and product trends and opportunities;
- Providing economic, business and consumer trends forecasts;
- Analyzing distribution channels, including international e-commerce platforms; and
- Customized analysis.
For specific market intelligence requests, please email email@example.com.
Step-by-step Exporters' Guides have been developed to assist Saskatchewan companies and producers on how to export to the United States (U.S.), South Korean, Mexican and German markets. Guides include information on:
- Obtaining market intelligence on the U.S., South Korean, Mexican, and German markets;
- Understanding product labelling and other regulatory challenges;
- Identifying market entry and distribution strategy options;
- Determining customs and logistics requirements; and
- Creating an export plan (available only in the U.S. guide).
To obtain a copy of these guides and for Saskatchewan Industry Associations interested in obtaining the Ministry of Agriculture's market intelligence reports please contact:
International Marketing Specialist