This program supports the game farm industry in Saskatchewan by providing licensing and regulatory programs. All domestic game farm operators are licensed and regulated according to The Domestic Game Farm Animal Regulations under The Animal Products Act.
In addition, effective April 6, 2018, game farm operators with farmed cervids are required to report any suspected or confirmed cases of Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD) to the provincial Chief Veterinary Officer within 24 hours. The requirement was added due to changes in the CFIA’s control program for CWD. Check the CFIA's CWD webpage for more information. CWD detected in farm cervids not eligible for CFIA's CWD control program will be managed under The Diseases of Domestic Game Farm Animals Regulations.
To discuss or obtain:
- Game farm licensing - contact the Game Farm Unit at 306-787-4606.
- Import or export permits - contact the Animal Health Unit at 306-787-6469.
- Tagging options or order unique identification tags for game animals - contact the Game Farm Clerk at 306-787-4606.
- Game farming and related industries - contact Shelley Jones , Manager Livestock Development, 306-787-4323.
- Regulatory related inquiries or concerns - contact Kevin Augustine, Lead Provincial Game Farm Investigator, at 306-953-2729.