Google Translate Disclaimer

A number of pages on the Government of Saskatchewan`s web site have been professionally translated in French. These translations are identified by a yellow text box that resembles the link below and can be found in the right hand rail of the page. The home page for French-language content on this site can be found here:

Renseignements en Français

Where an official translation is not available, Google™ Translate can be used. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Translations are made available to increase access to Government of Saskatchewan content for populations whose first language is not English.

The results of software-based translation do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact, and may include incorrect or offensive language Government of Saskatchewan does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos, and other file formats such as portable document formats (PDFs).

Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk. Government of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using translated website content. If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please visit: Google™ Translate FAQs.

Game Farm Program

This program supports the game farm industry in Saskatchewan by providing licensing and regulatory programs. All domestic game farm operators are licensed and regulated according to The Domestic Game Farm Animal Regulations under The Animal Products Act.

In addition, effective April 6, 2018, game farm operators with farmed cervids are required to report any suspected or confirmed cases of Chronic Wasting Disease (CWD) to the provincial Chief Veterinary Officer within 24 hours. The requirement was added due to changes in the CFIA’s control program for CWD. Check the CFIA's CWD webpage for more information. CWD detected in farm cervids not eligible for CFIA's CWD control program will be managed under The Diseases of Domestic Game Farm Animals Regulations.

To discuss or obtain:

  • Game farm licensing - contact the Game Farm Unit at 306-787-4606.
  • Import or export permits - contact the Animal Health Unit at 306-787-6469.
  • Tagging options or order unique identification tags for game animals - contact the Game Farm Clerk at 306-787-4606.
  • Game farming and related industries - contact Shelley Jones , Manager Livestock Development, 306-787-4323.
  • Regulatory related inquiries or concerns - contact Kevin Augustine, Lead Provincial Game Farm Investigator, at 306-953-2729.

We need your feedback to improve Help us improve