Google Translate Disclaimer

A number of pages on the Government of Saskatchewan's website have been professionally translated in French. These translations are identified by a yellow box in the right or left rail that resembles the link below. The home page for French-language content on this site can be found at:

Renseignements en Français

Where an official translation is not available, Google™ Translate can be used. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Translations are made available to increase access to Government of Saskatchewan content for populations whose first language is not English.

Software-based translations do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact, and may include incorrect or offensive language. The Government of Saskatchewan does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos and other file formats such as portable document formats (PDFs).

Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk. Government of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using translated website content. If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please visit: Google™ Translate FAQs.

Agricultural Crown Land Purchases

Agricultural Crown land can be purchased by way of lessee sale.

Sales of vacant agricultural Crown land via auction have been paused to allow for the implementation of the First Nation and Métis Consultation Policy Framework policy changes. The two-year pause was implemented in summer 2023. 

Sale to Lessee Information

Lessee Sale

  • A request to purchase your lease can occur at any time. If you wish to purchase your leased agricultural Crown land, submit your application to the nearest Ministry of Agriculture Regional Office to determine saleability.

Who can apply

  • Lessees with a long-term agricultural lease can apply to purchase some or all of the land they lease.
  • Some conditions may prevent the land from being eligible for sale. Contact your local Regional Office to determine if your land is eligible for sale.

When to apply

  • Lessees can apply to purchase their leased land at any time.

How to apply

We need your feedback to improve Help us improve