Agricultural Crown land can be purchased by way of an auction or lessee sale.
Sales status as of January 25, 2021:
- Vacant agricultural Crown land that is eligible for sale is available for purchase on the McDougall Auctioneers Ltd. website.
- The next online auction will be listed once the dates have been confirmed.
- Any Crown land that does not sell in the main auction will be listed for sale in a secondary auction immediately following the main auction. Secondary auction information will be listed on McDougall's website. Following the secondary auction, unsold land will be available in the eCatalogue sale on a first come, first serve basis.
Auction Sale Information
Who can bid
When to bid
- Bids on any agricultural Crown land offered for sale by auction can be submitted once the auction has opened and before it closes. Auction dates will be advertised on this site, at Ministry of Agriculture Regional Offices and on McDougall's website.
How to bid
- Agricultural Crown land auction sales will be accessible online with services provided by McDougall Auctioneers Ltd. Each bidder will need to register on the auction site in accordance with their requirements.
Sale to Lessee Information
- A request to purchase your lease can occur at any time. If you wish to purchase your leased agricultural Crown land, submit your application to the nearest Ministry of Agriculture Regional Office to determine saleability.
Who can apply
- Lessees with a long-term agricultural lease can apply to purchase some or all of the land they lease.
- Some conditions may prevent the land from being eligible for sale. Contact your local Regional Office to determine if your land is eligible for sale.
When to apply
- Lessees can apply to purchase their leased land at any time.
How to apply