Agricultural Crown land can be purchased by way of an auction or lessee sale.
Sales status as of September 1, 2020:
- Vacant agricultural Crown land that is eligible for sale is available for purchase on the McDougall Auctioneers Ltd. website.
- The next online auction will start on October 13, 2020.
- Any Crown land that does not sell in the main auction will be listed for sale in a secondary auction immediately following the main auction. Secondary auction information will be listed on the auctioneer's website. Following the secondary auction, unsold land will be available in the eCatalogue on a first come, first serve basis.
- A request to purchase your lease can occur at any time. If you wish to purchase your leased agricultural Crown land, please submit your application to the nearest Ministry of Agriculture Regional Office to determine saleability.
Auction Sale Information
Who can bid
When to bid
Bids on any agricultural Crown land offered for sale by auction can be submitted once the auction has opened and before it closes. Auction dates will be advertised on this site, at Ministry of Agriculture Regional Offices and on the McDougall Auctioneers Ltd. website.
How to bid
- Agricultural Crown land auction sales will be accessible online with services provided by a private auction company. Each bidder will need to register on the auction site in accordance with their requirements.
Sale to Lessee Information
Who can apply
- Lessees with a long-term agricultural lease can apply to purchase some or all of the land they lease.
- Some conditions may prevent the land from being eligible for sale. Please contact your local Regional Office to determine if your land is eligible for sale.
When to apply
- Lessees can apply to purchase their leased land at any time.
How to apply