Agricultural Crown land can be purchased by way of lessee sale.
Sales of vacant agricultural Crown land via auction have been paused to allow for the implementation of the First Nation and Métis Consultation Policy Framework policy changes. The two-year pause was implemented in summer 2023.
Sale to Lessee Information
- A request to purchase your lease can occur at any time. If you wish to purchase your leased agricultural Crown land, submit your application to the nearest Ministry of Agriculture Regional Office to determine saleability.
Who can apply
- Lessees with a long-term agricultural lease can apply to purchase some or all of the land they lease.
- Some conditions may prevent the land from being eligible for sale. Contact your local Regional Office to determine if your land is eligible for sale.
When to apply
- Lessees can apply to purchase their leased land at any time.
How to apply
- Complete the Application to Purchase Agricultural Lease Land and submit to your local Regional Office.