Agricultural Crown land can be purchased by way of an auction or lessee sale.
Sales status as of January 27, 2020:
- Vacant agricultural Crown land that is eligible for sale is available for purchase through an online auction platform. The online auction is located on the Iron Planet website.
- The next online auction will start on February 24, 2020.
- Any unsold Crown land that does not sell in the main auction may be listed for sale in a secondary auction immediately following the main auction.. Secondary auction information will be listed on the Iron Planet website.
- A request to purchase your lease can occur at any time. If you wish to purchase your leased agricultural Crown land, please submit your application to the nearest Regional Office to determine saleability.
Auction Sale Information
Who can bid
When to bid
- Bids on any agricultural Crown land offered for sale by auction can be submitted once the auction has opened and before it closes. Auction dates will be advertised on this site, at Ministry Regional Offices and, once the auctioneer has been confirmed, on the auctioneer's website.
How to bid
- Agricultural Crown land auction sales will be accessible online with services provided by a private auction company. Each bidder will need to register on the auction site in accordance with their requirements.
Sale to Lessee Information
Who can apply
- Lessees with a long-term agricultural lease can apply to purchase some or all of the land they lease.
- Some conditions may prevent the land from being eligible for sale. Please contact your local Regional Office to determine if your land is eligible for sale.
When to apply
- Lessees can apply to purchase their leased land at any time.
How to apply