The Paynton ferry is located north of highway 16 in the Battlefords area.
This seasonal ferry is located between Highway 16 and 26 on Grid 674.It transports about 30,000 vehicles over the North Saskatchewan River annually.
Operators typically take a break for meals:
- 7 a.m. to midnight (Spring opening to Aug. 7)
- 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. (Aug. 8 – season close)
- noon to 12:30 p.m.
- 6 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Check the status of the ferry on the Highway Hotline
- Weights - 31,500 kg or 69,400 lbs.
- Length - 18.2 m or 60 feet.
- Width - 6.0 m or 20 feet.
Phone: (306) 397-5580