To be eligible for the program, applicant(s) must:
- be 65 years old or older in the current calendar year;
- own and occupy their home as their principal residence in Saskatchewan;
- have a total household income below $70,000 per year;
- maintain a minimum of 25 per cent equity in their home;
- have no writs or liens on the title of their home;
- have or be able to get all-risk property insurance for their home; and
- be in good standing (have no arrears, etc.) with Saskatchewan Housing Corporation and their municipality.