Google Translate Disclaimer

A number of pages on the Government of Saskatchewan's website have been professionally translated in French. These translations are identified by a yellow box in the right or left rail that resembles the link below. The home page for French-language content on this site can be found at:

Renseignements en Français

Where an official translation is not available, Google™ Translate can be used. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Translations are made available to increase access to Government of Saskatchewan content for populations whose first language is not English.

Software-based translations do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact, and may include incorrect or offensive language. The Government of Saskatchewan does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos and other file formats such as portable document formats (PDFs).

Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk. Government of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using translated website content. If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please visit: Google™ Translate FAQs.

Provincial Park Cottaging

There are over 2,100 cottages located in Saskatchewan’s provincial parks and recreation sites. These cottages may be either summer or permanent residences, allowing the residents year round access to our provincial parks.

The Provincial Park Cottaging unit has a variety of forms and information available to assist cottagers in the management of their leases.


1. Cottage Subdivision Directives/Policies

The Provincial Park Cottage Subdivision Directives establish a consistent standard for provincial park cottage subdivisions to ensure everyone has a safe and enjoyable cottage experience.

The Development Permit Extension Policy outlines when a development/building permit extension is required for a construction project that has not been completed within the valid two-year time-frame.

Provincial Parks Dilapidation Policy defines when a recreational leased property is in a dilapidated state and is required to be brought into compliance.

The Septic System Integrity Test Policy defines when septic systems in provincial park cottage subdivisions are required to be tested on recreational leased property.


2. Cottage Assessments

Beginning in 2015, cottage subdivisions are subject to reassessment of fair land value assessments every four years. Individual Subdivision Assessments and the Cost Market Report for Saskatchewan Provincial Parks are available for public viewing.

If you feel that an unfair assessment has been made on your fair land value assessment, please consult the Guide to Provincial Park Cottage Lot Land Assessment Appeals before filling out a Land Appeal Form.


3. Lease Administration

There are several reasons a lessee may wish to assign the lease to another party; there are a variety of forms that must be filled out and submitted for such a transfer to take place:


4. Subdivision Development

All construction on park land requires a Development / Building Permit Application to be completed. Please consult the Guidelines to determine if a Development / Building Permit or a No Fee Development / Building Permit is required and for information regarding the submission process.

For the construction of a detached residential accessory building, there are additional Worksheets and Guidelines available.

To apply for a well or septic system installation, please fill out the Application for Water and Sewage Installation.


5. Foreshore Management in Provincial Parks

Shoreland and foreshore areas are important sites for providing shelter and breeding habitat for many fish and bird species, as well as other types of wildlife.  Foreshore and shoreland structures are therefore governed by the Ministry of Parks, Culture and Sport’s Dock Policy. To apply for use of a foreshore or shoreland structure, please fill out the Foreshore Shoreland Use Application. To surrender the use of a foreshore or shoreland structure, please fill out the Foreshore Shoreland Quit Claim Application.

We need your feedback to improve Help us improve