The FWDF may provide you with funding for projects related to fish, wildlife, fur and habitat, although priority is given to projects directly applicable to game species. The fund accepts applications for multi-year projects; however, funding will only be considered for a single-year term. You will need to apply in each year you wish to be considered for funding. A final report will be required for each year.
- Project funding issued through the FWDF must comply with relevant legislation (Section 20 of The Natural Resources Act) and be of significant benefit to fish and/or wildlife resources.
- Any organization or individual may submit a project proposal for funding.
- Project proposals must be received prior to January 31 of each year by email.
- The FWDF steering committee reviews all proposals according to established scoring criteria and are ranked according to average score for each proposal.
- The allocation of funding is determined by these prioritized rankings, subject to available funds.
- Following completion of this process, funding proponents are advised of the outcome as it affects their individual proposal, usually by April 1 of each year.
- Significance to the resource if the project is undertaken.
- Contribution to provincial ecological goals and objectives.
- Contribution to public awareness or science knowledge.
- Potential for broader application elsewhere.
- Value to sportspersons.
- Contribution to conservation education.
- Has partnership potential and support at the local/community level which addresses a public desire or need.
While the FWDF supports many types of projects related to fish, wildlife, fur and habitat, priority is given to those projects directly applicable to game species.
How To Apply
The FWDF will accept applications for multi-year projects; however, funding will only be considered for a single-year term. Applicants with multi-year projects must apply in each year they wish to be considered for funding. Future funding will be contingent on a final report being provided by March 1 of the year following application approval.
Please submit your digital application by email. Please note that NO additional material will be considered in the review project for funding. Applications will be accepted from January 1 to January 31.
Applications can be emailed to: Lois Koback (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Apply for the Fish and Wildlife Development Fund