About The Program
This program is targeted to workers affected by changes in their industry including those related to recent economic impacts. Eligible clients may be able to access funding for training to re-enter the labour market. Clients will be authorized for participation based on available funding.
SaskJobs Career Services will provide career counselling services to identify career and training opportunities. These services involve comprehensive employability assessments, development of a Career Action Plan, and assessment of Training Voucher Program Eligibility if relevant to the Action Plan.
To schedule an appointment to discuss Training Voucher Program options, please contact SaskJobs Career Services:
Eligible clients may be able to access funding for training to re-enter the labour market. Training must be provided by a participating training institution. SaskJobs Career Services and Government of Saskatchewan authorization to participate in the program must be in place prior to the program start date or within the first six weeks of the program start date. Clients will be authorized based on available funding.
To be eligible for the program clients must:
- Be unemployed;
- Be under employed working 16 hours per week or less. This includes all jobs currently held at the request of funding and includes self-employment;
- Be legally entitled to work in Saskatchewan;
- Be at least 16 years of age;
- Be facing skills-related barriers to obtaining employment;
- Demonstrate labour market attachment history and work/job-readiness capacity; and,
- Demonstrate the ability to financially support oneself in order to complete the training (i.e. Employment Insurance, student loans, other, etc.)
Eligible training fees for the program include:
- Tuition fees;
- Other mandatory or direct costs of training as per the agreement with the participating institution.
Training not eligible for the program includes:
- Apprenticeship training; and
- Part-time training under 10 hours per week.
Important note: Individuals on Employment Insurance (EI) who wish to continue receiving benefits while attending training should contact the SaskJobs Career Services toll-free number to book an appointment.
If you require information on EI, please contact Service Canada toll free 1-800-206-7218.