The Government of Saskatchewan is the largest student employer in the province, hiring nearly 1,000 students annually. A variety of great summer jobs are available including delivering programs and services in government offices, building and repairing highways, and maintaining our beautiful provincial parks – to name only a few!
A 'student' must be:
- Legally entitled to work in Canada; and
- Attending school on a full-time basis and returning to school on a full-time basis in the next academic semester.
"Full-time" shall be defined by the educational institution the student is attending and proof of student status may be requested.
Priority is given to students currently attending post-secondary over current high school students.
Students may be rehired into a similar position if they worked for the Government of Saskatchewan the previous year. Rehires must meet all eligibility requirements and must have been employed as a student in the previous year.
Applications for 2021-22 are now posted!
Internships or Practicums
- Offered through the various ministries within the Government of Saskatchewan. These opportunities are available to current students and/or recent graduates. Eligibility requirements will vary between internship/practicum programs. Please visit the website or contact a representative of the program to obtain more information.
- A great way to explore work in the public service, to supplement your education with practical work experience, and to build your resume.
- Provides a chance to absorb knowledge and transferable skills from experienced public service employees.
- Eligibility requirements will vary between academic institutions. Please visit the website of your post-secondary institution's Co-op Program or contact their Co-op department to obtain more information.
Criminal Record Check (CRC)
Submission of a satisfactory criminal record check (CRC) is a condition of employment for all new employees, including students. Students are required to pay for their CRC and they will be contacted by the CRC Coordinator's Office to initiate the CRC process online.