Renseignements en français

Google Translate Disclaimer

A number of pages on the Government of Saskatchewan's website have been professionally translated in French. These translations are identified by a yellow box in the right or left rail that resembles the link below. The home page for French-language content on this site can be found at:

Renseignements en Français

Where an official translation is not available, Google™ Translate can be used. Google™ Translate is a free online language translation service that can translate text and web pages into different languages. Translations are made available to increase access to Government of Saskatchewan content for populations whose first language is not English.

Software-based translations do not approach the fluency of a native speaker or possess the skill of a professional translator. The translation should not be considered exact, and may include incorrect or offensive language. The Government of Saskatchewan does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of any information translated by this system. Some files or items cannot be translated, including graphs, photos and other file formats such as portable document formats (PDFs).

Any person or entities that rely on information obtained from the system does so at his or her own risk. Government of Saskatchewan is not responsible for any damage or issues that may possibly result from using translated website content. If you have any questions about Google™ Translate, please visit: Google™ Translate FAQs.

Settling Disputes and Steps to a Hearing

The resolving disputes directly video is also available in the following languages:
Amharic, Arabic, ASL, Azerbaijani, Cantonese, Cree, Dene, Ewe, French, German, Hindi, Korean, Mandarin, Patois, Pidgin, Polish, Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Tagalog, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese and Yoruba.

Settle Directly

Before you apply for a hearing and order with the Office of Residential Tenancies (ORT), try to resolve the matter directly with the other party. You need to make your requests clearly known to the respondent (the person you are suing). Clearly identify the problem, and what you want done. If you want money to compensate you for the inconvenience of the problem, set out specific amounts. State the nature and amount of each claim as well as a deadline to settle (at least 10 days). You can say that if no settlement is achieved, you are going to file an application for a hearing and order with the ORT.

Keep track of your communications including dates and addressees. Keep copies for use at a hearing.

We need your feedback to improve Help us improve