Rental Housing for Seniors
The Seniors Housing Program provides rental housing to individuals and couples who are 55 years of age or older. This program is offered in all communities when there are no eligible applicants for Social Housing Program units in the community.
The Seniors Housing Program is administered by local housing authorities on behalf of Saskatchewan Housing Corporation.
The Seniors Housing Program provides:
- rental housing options in all communities;
- a fixed rental amount set by Saskatchewan Housing Corporation; and
- housing that might be more suitable than what is available in the community for people with accessibility needs.
You may qualify for the Seniors Housing Program if you:
- are 55 years of age or older;
- are legally allowed to be in Canada; and
- can live independently with or without supports from family, the community, or government agencies.
Priority will be given to eligible applicants with the greatest housing need. Tenants are required to provide a security deposit.
3. How to apply
To apply, complete the Housing Application and submit it to your local housing authority:
If you want a paper copy of the Housing Application or need assistance applying, please contact your local housing authority or Saskatchewan Housing Corporation at 306-787-4177 (toll free at 1-800-667-7567).