Building or Repairing Emergency Shelters and Second-Stage Housing
The Shelter Enhancement Program provides financial assistance to organizations to help them build new or repair existing emergency shelters and second-stage housing for victims of family violence so that these projects meet health, safety, and security standards.
Eligible sponsors may receive up to 100% of the project capital costs. Financial assistance is not available for ongoing operating costs.
Sponsors are eligible if they are a non-profit corporation, First Nation group, or charity whose objective is to operate housing for victims of family violence.
A project is eligible if it:
- is off-reserve;
- provides emergency shelter or second-stage housing for victims of family violence; and
- is below the minimum health and safety standards.
- Repairs completed before receiving written approval from Saskatchewan Housing Corporation do not qualify for assistance.
- Once approval is granted, the work must be completed within 12 months.
3. How to apply
- Call Saskatchewan Housing Corporation (1-866-245-5758) to ask about obtaining capital funding to build or repair an emergency shelter or second-stage housing.
- If you are eligible for funding, prepare the documentation requested by Saskatchewan Housing Corporation staff.
- Mail or deliver the documentation to:
Saskatchewan Housing Corporation
225 First Avenue North
Saskatoon, SK S7K 1X2
OR, email it to RDP@gov.sk.ca
4. Further Information
The Shelter Enhancement Program is jointly funded by Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation and Saskatchewan Housing Corporation.