Ministry of Social Services determines the eligibility for these benefits.Health benefits for low income families are offered through the Family Health Benefits program and help families pay for several children's health services, plus some services for adult family members.
Children are covered for:
- Most dental services;
- Eye examinations once a year; basic eyeglasses;
- Emergency ambulance;
- Basic medical supplies (some items require prior approval); and
- Prescription drugs in the Saskatchewan Formulary.
Parents or legal guardians are covered for:
- An eye examination every two years; and
- Drug coverage with $100 semi-annual family deductible and 35 per cent consumer co-payment thereafter.
Parents/legal guardians may apply for additional coverage under the Special Support program.
Please present your Saskatchewan Health Services card whenever you need health services.