Find information about cancer, including learning from others who have experienced a similar diagnosis.
- Visit HealthLine to learn more about various types of cancer and treatment options available.
You can also check your symptoms and explore options related to testing, surgery, and other related issues.
If you have any concerns, consult with your primary health care provider (family doctor, nurse practitioner, walk-in clinic).
3. A Guide for Women Diagnosed with Breast Cancer
The Your Journey: A Guide for Women Diagnosed with Breast Cancer manual and the videos below provide comprehensive information for newly diagnosed women and those just beginning treatment for breast cancer (lymphedema).
- Insights into role of a breast cancer patient;
- Valuable advice on how to ask the right questions and understand what to expect from the individuals on your care team; and
- Useful information about the disease, diagnosis, treatment, and adjustment to post-treatment life.
Your Journey - A Video Guide for Women Diagnosed with Breast Cancer: Beginning the Journey: Video 1 of 4
Your Journey - A Video Guide for Women Diagnosed with Breast Cancer: Post-Surgical: Video 2 of 4
Your Journey - A Video Guide for Women Diagnosed with Breast Cancer: Lymphedema Management: Video 3 of 4
Your Journey - A Video Guide for Women Diagnosed with Breast Cancer: After Treatment is Done: Video 4 of 4
4. Oral Cancer
Oral cancer refers to all cancers of the oral cavity, with most instances located on the sides of the tongue, floor of the mouth, and lips.
5. Prostate Cancer
Learn more about prostate cancer and the options for screening, diagnosis, and treatment from the Saskatchewan Surgical Initiative.
Prostate Cancer Patient Booklet
- Prostate Cancer Diagnosis and Treatment Information for Patients
An overview of what to expect and some options available.
Prostate Cancer Fact Sheets
- Active Surveillance (Watchful Waiting): You and your doctor may choose to closely monitor your condition through "active surveillance."
- Brachytherapy: Brachytherapy is a form of radiation therapy used to treat prostate cancer.
- External Beam: External beam radiation therapy is a form of radiation treatment used to treat prostate cancer.
- Hormone Therapy: Hormone therapy is a form of treatment used to control prostate cancer.
- Radical Prostatectomy: Radical prostatectomy is a surgical procedure used to treat prostate cancer. It is an operation to remove the prostate gland.
- Prostate Biopsy and Transrectal Ultrasound (TRUS): A transrectal ultrasound uses sound waves to take a picture of the prostate gland.
- Prostate-Specific Antigen Testing - Patient Information: The prostate-specific antigen (PSA) test is a blood test used in combination with other information to screen for prostate cancer.
- Prostate-Specific Antigen Screening - Care Provider Information: Information to help primary care providers offer men information about the risks and benefits of prostate-specific antigen (PSA) screening and treatment for prostate cancer.