The First Nations and Métis Relations Unit may provide small sponsorships to qualifying First Nations and Métis community organizations or non-profit organizations to assist with public events that benefit Aboriginal people.
The event must fit within the following sponsorship funding categories:
- Professional Development;
- Cultural Celebrations; and/or
- Honouring Veterans and Elders.
Applications will be accepted throughout the year.
Applicants are encouraged to submit sponsorship requests no less than one month before the event.
Requests must include:
- Event objectives and goals;
- Event budget (attach by email);
- A description of the benefits to the sponsoring organization or community;
- Summary of past successful events (of a similar kind);
- Other sources of funding or in-kind supports;
- Partnerships with other organizations or communities, if applicable; and
- Non-profits must demonstrate "active" status with the Information Services Corporation (ISC).
Typical examples of sponsorship grants are: $500 for a community event; $1,500 for a cultural celebration, for example a Pow Wow; and $3,000 for a province-wide conference. Applicants must have at least one other source of funding or in-kind support.