First Nations and Métis Community Partnership Projects
Thank you for your interest in the First Nations and Métis Community Partnership Projects.
The first intake for 2023-24 is open for applications which must be received no later than May 31, 2023, and no later than October 31, 2023, for the second intake.
The Government of Saskatchewan is committed to advancing reconciliation in partnership with First Nations and Métis organizations, as well as all Saskatchewan citizens.
Consider applying for funding from the First Nations and Métis Community Partnership Projects if your group is partnering on an innovative project that fits into one of the following categories:
- Safe Communities;
- Strong Families;
- Student Achievement; or
- Economic Growth.
Under this grant, the Ministry of Government Relations' First Nations and Métis Relations Unit may award a maximum of $45,000 for qualifying projects.
For additional details about how to apply, please download this fact sheet.
1. Eligible Recipients
You can apply for this grant if you are an authorized representative(s) of a Saskatchewan-based:
- Local grass-roots Indigenous organization;
- First Nations Band Council or Tribal Council;
- Métis Nation-Saskatchewan Local, Métis Region;
- First Nations or Métis representative organization;
- Indigenous non-profit organization*;
- Non-Indigenous, non-profit organization seeking partnerships with Indigenous communities or whose programs/services benefit a primarily First Nations or Métis clientele*; or
* Please note that non-profits must provide an incorporation number to confirm "active" status with Information Services Corporation (ISC) to be eligible to apply.
2. Conditions of Funding
Recipients may receive up to $45,000 for eligible projects.
The ministry may publish recipients, events, projects and grant amounts.
3. What You Need to Know Before You Start
- Read this fact sheet in full to help you prepare your funding application.
- Use the project application and budget forms available below.
- Make sure your application is accurate, complete, and signed before submitting it.
4. Application Information
Applications must be received by:
- May 31, 2023, for the first intake; and
- October 31, 2023, for the second intake.
5. Things to Consider
- The Government of Saskatchewan will acknowledge receipt of your application and/or project proposal within 10 business days.
- All applications must be signed, complete, accurate, comprehensive, and presented using the provided form.
- Missing or incomplete information will slow the application processing and may result in its rejection.