Students are the centre of Saskatchewan's education system and their voices play an important role in shaping it. The mandate of the 2022-23 Youth Council is to provide advice and insights on education policies, curriculum, programs and priorities.
Youth Council members will have an important role in providing the Minister of Education advice and insights that contribute to the delivery of education in Saskatchewan.
"The Youth Council is a great way to empower Saskatchewan's youth to get involved in their schools and communities. This year's members represent a diverse group of students from all across our beautiful province. I look forward to hearing directly from them and incorporating their feedback into our education system."
- Dustin Duncan, Minister of Education
2022-23 Youth Council Members
The 2022-23 Youth Council consists of 12 students in grades 10-12 from different Saskatchewan school divisions, who will serve for a one school year term:
- Favour Anokwute, Lloydminster Catholic School Division
- Rylan Buffalo-Brooks, Northern Lights School Division
- Isabelle Easton, Good Spirit School Division
- Rylee Harris, Living Sky School Division
- Anna Ingram, Horizon School Division
- Josie Lockert, Prairie Valley School Division
- Ethan McKenzie, Il-a-la Crosse School Division
- Tatenda Musundire, Greater Saskatoon Catholic Separate School Division
- Carleigh Peters, Prairie Spirit School Division
- Anik Piche, Chinook School Division
- Joelle Weum, Light of Christ School Division
- Jacey Zadorozniak, South East Cornerstone School Division
The 2022-23 Youth Council was eager to welcome all Prekindergarten to Grade 12 students back for another school year.
More information about of the 2022-23 Youth Council members can be found in their biographies.